• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • XFX Radeon RX570 8GB GDDR5 256-bit
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • the latest from AMD Adrenalin Software
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • DELL  S2419HM
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Intel i3-9100f 
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • MSI B365 pro-vh
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • seasonic s12iii-550
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2666Mhz

ok, so i changed my video card from a Gainward GT 730 2GB to a RX 570, and before i had 400-500 fps in Counter-Strike 1.6, and now i have 100-200 and i don't know why, i downloaded the latest video driver using AMD Adrenalin Software. After some research, i found out there exists amd catalyst control centre, which is kinda like nvidia control panel, and i thought i can make some settings so the game can run better, but amd catalyst won't install. anyone have any idea what can i do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Catalyst is the name of the old interface before the Adrenaline. It has been gone for many generations now and replaced by the Adrenaline interface that changes every year too and is radically different looking and feature wise than when it came out as well. 

Counter Strike is a game that just plain favors Nvidia. Then on top of that your old card while yes being older tech also was designed for the version of DX that game runs. Then newer cards are not. Polaris is actually even faster than Navi in many old games because of this. 

However you take a new DX 12 title or vulkan and it will wipe the floor with the older card. 

It may be possible that a change to any of the in game settings could change performance a lot. 

You could also ask for best AMD settings on steam, or discord etc... anywhere gamers for that game might be. A lot as you likely know still love the game. 

By all means though though do report your experience with the driver to AMD. If they can help they should. Doesn't hurt to ask:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Catalyst is the name of the old interface before the Adrenaline. It has been gone for many generations now and replaced by the Adrenaline interface that changes every year too and is radically different looking and feature wise than when it came out as well. 

Counter Strike is a game that just plain favors Nvidia. Then on top of that your old card while yes being older tech also was designed for the version of DX that game runs. Then newer cards are not. Polaris is actually even faster than Navi in many old games because of this. 

However you take a new DX 12 title or vulkan and it will wipe the floor with the older card. 

It may be possible that a change to any of the in game settings could change performance a lot. 

You could also ask for best AMD settings on steam, or discord etc... anywhere gamers for that game might be. A lot as you likely know still love the game. 

By all means though though do report your experience with the driver to AMD. If they can help they should. Doesn't hurt to ask:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

i already did a bug report in that software. but what u are saying that the gpu is litearlly ,, to good " for that game, there is a player on that server with a RTX 2060, but like u said, he has nvidia chipset. thanks anyway

You are welcome and the fact that some games favor one architecture over the other is nothing new and sometimes in a big way. 

You may find with the some effort you can figure out how to get your AMD card pumping out more frames if it is just some setting in game or in radeon settings you can change just for that game using the game profiles.

0 Likes