Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mharis33
Journeyman III

AMD Catalyst Install Manager - Access denied

Hi

Recently we had major issue with all of our home computers (MACbook, Desktop, cell phone) I have been struggling over a month. Finally getting some where, I think AMD micro devices are being used to create tasks and process on my computer and when I tried to install Manager. I get this error message.

no matter what, I reinstall windows or reset windows after 10-15 minutes screen goes black and then it comes back and computer becomes so slow that I can't even move pointer of the mouse.

How Can I get to disable this feature on my computer so no remote tasks can be run? It's a home computer.

I already went through registry value but there are so many registry value for ATI and I disable one, 2 -3 minutes later a new logs create and it shows this was reenabled and value is kept hidden or something.

AMD Manager Install error.PNG

0 Likes
9 Replies
kraki
Adept I

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. AMD catalst install manager on my rx580 8GB

0 Likes
kraki
Adept I

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Rx 580 8gb
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
  •  Catalyst
  • Display Devices
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Asrock b450 pro4
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 7 2700
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 8gb

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.

I downloaded amd catalyst install manager. I did the update. I rebooted the desktop. And the manager ask me again to re install it.

I did it again. Same result. It ask me to update when i reboot. I am stuck in a loop due to this software and i can t uninstall it...

0 Likes

So you have a MAC pc, see OP ?

Otherwise start your own thread.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Normal PC

It works now ! I downloaded adrenaline drivers and now catalyst bug disappears.

Have a nice day folks

kuanza
Journeyman III

desktop 3ucsrh8  ;  MSI MS990 FX-AGD65  ;  AMD Phenom IIx4 975  ; AMD Radeon HD6870  ; BIOS v19.9  ; GPU ARTIC 700  ; radion Software Crimson 16.2.1                                                                                                                         Access DeniedIMAG2903.jpg                    

0 Likes

You have a legacy graphics product, no new drivers are available.

AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
moltenjesse
Journeyman III

if you have an anti virus,allow the amd installer to access to the internet

0 Likes
AMD-Help72
Journeyman III

I am receiving this message, 

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.amd.com/en/support" on this server.

Reference #18.9f8a7868.1643145081.194580a7

and have not been able to install as well. I turned off my VPN, and it still doesn't work. I'm just wondering if you ever figured out how to get access to download this driver. I have not been able to upgrade for quite awhile. A response or suggestion would be appreciated.

0 Likes