Community Manager
Community Manager

AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Driver for Windows®

AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Drivers

Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Windows Driver

Performance Optimizations

Star Wars™: Battlefront Beta ‐ Performance and quality optimizations Fable Legends : Includes the latest DirectX® 12 optimizations for the Fable Legends: Benchmark.

Resolved Issues:

A video memory leak can occur when browser and other windows are resized

Diablo 3 crashes in the Act 2 Desolate Sands area of the game

The AMD Catalyst Control Center 'update' option fails to download the latest driver

Dragon Age: Inquisition may crash if launched in Mantle mode

The DirectX® Diagnostic tool does not report DirectX® 12 available on supported products

World of Warships may crash on some AMD Radeon HD5000 and HD6000 series products

Assassin's Creed® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when AMD CrossFire™ mode is enabled

Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied

Some BENQ 144hz Freesync™ monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver

DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors

Known Issues:

GTA V crashes on some AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU's

Star Wars: Battlefront Bata ‐  Flickering may be experience if AMD Crossfire is enabled

Corruption may occur in DiRT Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled

A black screen may be encountered on bootup on Windows 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen.

Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PoweDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI cable

A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K Youtube content

Elite: Dangerous ‐ poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode

Final Fantasy XIV ‐ Heavensward may crash when run in DirectX 11® mode and borderless window mode

Some applications may fail to launch on some Mobility platforms when launched in High Performance mode

Windows 10 driver installation may halt on some systems with an AMD 990FX chipset and AMD CrossFire™ enabled

Mad Max ‐ Color corruption is observed when Alt+Ctrl+Del is pressed followed by the Escape key

AMD Issue Reporting Form

This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

30 Replies
Highlighted
Elite
Elite

Re: AMD Catalyst™ 15.9.1 Beta Driver for Windows®

Could you please clarify...

To install these Beta drivers "releases", does a Win 8.1 user need to deconfigure the driver signature verification?

E.g., How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 or 10 (So That You Can Install Un...

-Noel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

amdmatt​ do you have a time frame when these drivers will be sent to/coming from Windows Update for Windows 10 users?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Just updated to 15.9, having issues with all flash videos (in any browser, but i use mainly firefox). It starts playing fine for maybe 10 seconds and then just freezes and browser screen goes black. When i switch to other tabs they go black too. Only restarting browser helps. Tried playing with hw acceleration settings but it didn't help. I never skipped an update and never had an issue. I have 260X GPU.

I submitted a report but decided to write here just to make sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Firefox version 41.0 is having issues. Rolling back to the previous version solved it for me. I am not saying that the drivers are not at fault, although mine works fine on all browsers, but maybe it's the glitchy Firefox.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi noelc,

No, these do not require you to disable driver signature verification.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi kingfish,

I don't, I'll need to check with my team about that and get back to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Got some strange driver crash on Windows 10 64 bit with 15.9 Beta driver on my R9 290 GPU. Check the driver pls, i think is some problem with this one.

I found the problem, my video memory go up to full 4096 MB and my card crash with this 15.9 Beta driver if watching a youtube video in Firefox for example, this is very bad, i hope you fix it, going back to 15.7.1 i got no problem. So this is a driver problem not Firefox.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Currently downloading 15.9 beta. I hope this fixes driver crashing issues on A8-7600 + R7 240 on dual graphics (Win10 Pro 64bit) when running anything with OpenGL. Will post it here again and use the AMD issue reporting form again if it still isn't fixed (problem started and already reported 2 months ago).

Edit: Done with downloading and installation. Once I rebooted my PC I knew there was a problem. I waited for more than 10 minutes but it was stuck on a black screen and a loading cursor. I restarted it again and I am unable to reach the log in screen. I restarted and disabled the APU, I logged in and saw that AMD Gaming Evolved video recording with Plays.tv got disabled.

Using only the R7 240 graphics card, I was able to run most of my other games excluding Dota2. As expected there is a drop in performance compared to when it was running dual graphics. Metro Redux is no longer stable 60FPS and Bioshock Infinite got locked to 30FPS. Only thing that had better performance was Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2 (OpenGL).

I tried running it on dual graphics again but it just doesn't work and gets stuck while loading a game (Computer won't even boot if it is enabled). My computer finally froze when I tried running Euro Truck Simulator 2. I will roll back my drivers AGAIN back to Omega 14.12. I will report the issue through AMD issue reporting form later. I wonder how many months I will count before they finally fix these issues.

Update: The freaking roll back failed. The driver for APU was still version 15 and afterwards CCC is no longer installed. What the hell happened here? I had rolled back and forth from these failures series of 5 CCC installer and this is the worse thing I have experienced. Rolling back was really simple when I did it earlier but now, windows update comes in and make things worse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I