voyager
Adept I

Re: AMD Catalyst 15.8 Beta for Windows is now available

Corrected: it does, but not on Windows 10

0 Kudos
elitelord32
Adept II

Ok , so I ask you again will be avaible support for my drivers on Windows 10 or not?

0 Kudos
voyager
Adept I

Ray, I think many people here want to get an official answer from AMD - what's going on with the support for Sumo and Wrestler? Why is it still included in Win7 / 8.1 driver but not in Win10? Is it a temporary issue, does waiting help and will it come back, or no chance? Please take this to the engineering team and let everyone know. Please!

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

This question has already been answered several dozen times already, so there is nothing more I can add.

Windows 10 Support for AMD APU systems

Driver support for these products will come via Windows Update.

Windows 10 is different from Windows 7 / 8.1.

legendsphinx
Adept II

ray_m sry to say - this - what AMD is doing is absolute a political and has nothing technically todo. Its a Politicial Decission "NOT TO SUPPORT" those GPUs who TECHNICALLY can run Windows 10 with all GIMMICKS ok not DirectX 12 but they work on DX 11.1

Many users want to install there AMD E350 and E450 on Windows 10 - with Hardware Accelerated Videoplayback - THERE IS NO DIFFERENCVE btw. Window 7,8.0,8.1,10 To play Vids. We know we cannot play the newest Games but we use those Systems for Normal Daily Use. And if AMD is think to ride on there decission not to support it CORRECTLY i know what todo in Future. Crap Decission - Live with your decission i will twice think in future about my Investition for my next Mini ITX System.

0 Kudos
legendsphinx
Adept II

@ray_m Windows 10 has NO VIDEO ACCELERATION !!!!!!! How long - HOW often you want to hear this. The WINDOWS 10 Drivers from Microsoft ARE BUGGED !

uglamugla
Journeyman III

I own a Hp dv6 3020sp with a ati mobility hd 5470 and a i3 1st gen processor. i can only use the switchable graphics on windows 7. on Win8.1 and 10 I get a black screen everytime I try to use it. Someone haver the same issue and knows if the problem it's solved with this release?

Cheers,

U

0 Kudos
aral45
Adept I

Thanks for this ,

I am somewhat a n00b when it comes to these things tho so can someone give me a brief how-to or maybe give me a hint as to where I can find one that would be tremendously appreciated. I at this point have disabled the Driver Signature Enforcement (was surprisingly easy to do) and downloaded the AMD display information file that was hosted on Mega and now haven't the slightest clue as what to do next. Any help would like I said be appreciated.

Also sorry for cluttering up the thread when I should have did a little bit more reading. Was just really excited at finally having a driver that might have fixed the issues I was having with the WU driver.

0 Kudos
hd6320
Adept II

0) Download the driver

1) Use 7z to extract amd-catalyst-15.8beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-aug23.exe to any folder.

2) Go to

*\amd-catalyst-15.8beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-aug23.7z\amd-catalyst-15.8beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-aug23\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\

3) Make a copy of "C0188451.inf" or rename it to "C0188451.inf.bak"

4) Copy the modified inf to the folder

5) Install the driver via device manager (I prefer this method)

aral45
Adept I

So right before I begin install this is what that folder is supposed to look like?WT6A.png

0 Kudos