cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

legendsphinx
Adept II

Re: AMD Catalyst 15.8 Beta for Windows is now available

Ok the Problem was the DIGITAL Driver Signature * Feature ~ to disable it under Windows 10 was not easy and never used it under Windows 8.1...

I modiefied my Strings for HD 6310 And after The Boot Menu - i disabled Driver Signature option and then installed the Package wich now works.

Thx hd6320​ my fault was really this Signature Problem why it not worked - now i am on Windows 10 - with Catalyst 15.8 and so far my AMD E350 works fine incl.

voyager
Adept I

On Win7 x64 it certainly is included. I rebuilt my machine with Win7 x64 SP1 a few days ago - installed Catalyst 14.12 (omega) but it did not include a driver for the 6320, so had to go back and install 14.9 first. Then 14.12 again. Note, I always use "custom" to make sure that there is a driver (or not)... Then 15.7.1 and yes there was a driver update. DXVA broke at this point (we know) verified by trying to play something using Kodi. Then 15.8, and yes there was a driver update once again. After installing I checked and it's dated end of August. DXVA fully functional again.

Now it still could be that on Windows 10 this doesn't work. But Win7 does have the models listed. Read my post, I said I was going to try the update.

0 Kudos
voyager
Adept I

Just to confirm that we're actually both right

• C7188451.inf for NT6.1 aka Windows 7 has the information
  • CU188451.inf for NT6.3 aka Windows 8.1 has the information
  • C0188451.inf for NT10.0 aka Windows 10 DOES NOT have the information
generalbroski
Journeyman III

Thank you, this beta driver has fixed the following 2 issues for me since I upgraded to Windows 10.

GPU: R9 290X running stock

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Issues with this GPU, OS and driver 15.7.1:

-thread_stuck_in_device_driver - bluescreens

-switching between audio device caused an error that is was in use

I did not have these issues on Windows 8.1 with 15.7.1. On Windows 10 I had to use the Omega 14.12 to not have the above issues.

15.8 Beta doing a good job on my system combo so far

ksio89
Adept I

Mate, can you see Video or Performance tabs in CCC? Since I upgraded to Windows 10 with Catalyst 15.7.1 via WU, these two tabs are gone. Installed 15.8 yesterday and they are still missing. My GPU is a Radeon HD 8850M.

0 Kudos
aral45
Adept I

Hello,

I've tried several times with different browsers to download the beta 15.8 drivers and each time it leaves out AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 15.201.1151 in the component list.  Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I use Display Driver Uninstaller before installing any new drivers so it's a relatively clean install. Anyone have any ideas?

System Specs:

Win10 Pro 64bit

Radeon HD 6480G

12GB DDR3 RAM

AMD A4-3305M APU

Beta 15.8.png

0 Kudos
backFireX64
Forerunner

Yeah.... you should first download the "AMD Chipset Drivers" package from the same page that you normally download the catalyst drivers package, by selecting the "Optional Downloads" tab.

Then uninstall all AMD drivers/ software through the normal uninstaller (in control panel -> Programs)

Then reboot in safe mode and use DDU.

Then boot into windows and use ccleaner (optional step).

Then run the installer package for the chipset drivers.

Reboot when finished (whether prompted or not).

And last but not least, install the catalyst drivers (display driver, CCC, etc.) by running the "Catalyst Software Suite" installer and reboot when prompted, and you should be good to go.

elstaci
MVP

This Beta driver fixed my problems under Windows 10 with my computer video crashing or freezing intermittently. The July 29 and Aug 3 drivers are horrible.

0 Kudos
ucouldbrong
Adept III

15.8 beta working beautifully on MGS V Phantom Pain on FURY X.

0 Kudos
aral45
Adept I

Thank you for the reply backFireX64

I followed your advice to the letter unfortunately it didn't work. It seemed like a solid plan so l was quite shocked when the install list still didnt show the display driver. Is there a way I can just download the display driver and force install it or perhaps download an earlier version and use it in conjunction with the other 15.8 beta components?