cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hd6320
Adept II

Re: AMD Catalyst 15.8 Beta for Windows is now available

Ah, you have hidden file extensions for know file types. No, exactly the opposite. Modified C0188451 should be heavier file (384 KB) and the backup file lighter one (364 KB)

0 Likes
fujiyama-95
Elite

Does anybody know if they added VCE back in with this driver ??

0 Likes
voyager
Adept I

I'm actually hopeful that the next WU-pushed driver will be 15.8 or later, that fixes hardware video accel. 15.7 and 15.7.1 broke hw. video accel. on Win7 and Win8.1 too, so as 15.8 fixes this on those OS, we can truly hope that it will on Win10 as well, when MS packages it for the HD6320 etc.​

isiliel
Journeyman III

Hi,

I am not an expert in computers, so bear with me.

I was facing this issue:

• [425440] AMD HDMI® Audio is disabled after driver installation

so I decided to try the beta version.

Well, the HDMI problem is solved, but now there is a new serious problem: My laptop monitor is black. I can only see what is on the screen if I cast some light with a flashlight (no kidding!!). If I plug an HTMI cable to the TV I have audio and display working fine. But not the laptop...

Any help is welcome.

Edit: My graphics Card is HD6470M according to the Device Manager. After the update, windows insist the card is 7400...Also I am running Windows 7.

EDIT 2: AMD Tech support contacted me to today (I filed a ticket) with a solution, so now my issue is solved. For others with the same issue out there, install the drivers of your laptop manufacturer and do not update. That solved my problem.

0 Likes
generalbroski
Journeyman III

Hmmm unfortunately I kept getting full system locks during random times (at windows login, during games, sitting at desktop) with this Beta after a week or so.

It does not even have a chance to crash properly and leave debug log info, it just locks and I need to hard shutdown my pc.

So I am back at 15.7.1 from Windows Update, getting the thread stuck error again sporadically (but less frequent as the system locks on the Beta driver) and its a "proper" bluescreen that restarts my system by itself so I don't have to hard shut it down when it happens.

I've logged a ticket with support regarding the 15.7.1 issues with debug log files and now I guess I can only wait for a fix in the next releases...

0 Likes
jrob80
Journeyman III

Hello I was wondering I did the update to windows 10 and now my driver won't work with kodi I only get sound no video. Do you have the link to the version that would work with it or info on how to fix it. AMD E-300 with Radeon tm HD Graphics 1.30 Ghz 64 bit HP 2000

0 Likes
jrob80
Journeyman III

Never mind got it figured out had to go to the kodi settings and click on video then click acceleration disable hardware acceleration. now I have video.

0 Likes
voyager
Adept I

it's been a while now, but apparently the latest Windows Update driver (which AMD recommends to use on these older APUs) does now have working video acceleration.

At least, this is the case on my E-450 PC, so I'm happy!

To install catalyst (crimson) driver for AMD HD 6310 on Windows 10, it is possible just to change the inf file for Windows 8.1 so that it is used for Win10 , since in inf file for Windows 8.1 there is information for wrestler GPUs. The drivers then work the same way as 15.6 or previous Catalysts did in W8 or how they do when the older drivers are installed in W10.

I see that Wrestler GPUs have some issues with Windows 10, but I do not understand why AMD makes the problems worse by not including the infs infor correctly.

0 Likes