cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aral45
Adept I

Re: AMD Catalyst 15.8 Beta for Windows is now available

Do you do a clean install? Try using a program called Display Driver Uninstaller to remove your drivers etc first then try to install 15.8 beta when you boot back from safe mode. That should fix your lost tab problems.

0 Likes
backFireX64
Forerunner

First, disconnect the internet and go to Device Manager (through control panel, or right click on the window logo on the bottom-left corner of your screen), and check if there is an AMD driver version installed in your display adapter (i assume that you do not have another discrete gpu adapter in your PC , otherwise please state so).

If there is, you may have to manually uninstall it (along with the software), and then click on "check for hardware changes" located on top of the window.

Windows will then install the best display driver found in your system (and not from the internet, since you previously disabled it). That will either be the basic Microsoft vga driver (2006 or something...) or an AMD display driver version that was still on your system. If it's the latter, then you have to do the whole "clean install" method from the top. If the basic vga driver is installed, then you can install the latest AMD display driver included on the installer package from either your laptop's manufacturers support site (it almost never fails), or the proper one from the official AMD support site (whql or beta; your choice): Mobile

Then there is the manual install method. Just download the w10 64bit catalyst driver suite that supports your APU, then extract the contents/ folder (C:/AMD) using 7-zip, then go to device manager and point your display adapter to update the display driver from that extracted folder. If it's supported by your O.S and gpu adapter, it should install without issues, assuming again that you have previously correctly installed the chipset drivers.

Good luck.

0 Likes
nospheratu
Challenger

Select Crossfire profiles are still broken for me as detailed in my thread here. Last driver that I can use without experiencing Red Screens with Crossfire on select games/apps are the 15.6 beta's on Windows 10 x64.

0 Likes
backFireX64
Forerunner

Oh... i just read through the whole thread and it seems that the .inf file of the latest installer is missing some vital info for some gpus on w10, including yours.

So i advise you to take a look into what hd6320 and other users have posted so far. Seems helpful enough.

hd6320
Adept II

They didn't put Wrestler APUs strings in any C0*.inf for Windows 10 in any driver officially released by AMD. The solution is Re: AMD Catalyst 15.8 Beta for Windows is now available

voyager
Adept I

If the modded inf works ok, I don't see a reason why AMD would leave out those strings from the Win10 inf file? Can we expect ANY communication from AMD about this? I did a file comparison between the Win8.1 inf and the Win10 inf, and indeed the differences are simply the strings and sections related to the Sumo and Wrestler APUs... I don't care that these chips are not capable of the latest DirectX but at least provide the elementary support for desktop graphics and hardware HD video decoding!

godfavor
Journeyman III

Yes I always use DDUon safe mode,windows 10 support is broken.

0 Likes
ksio89
Adept I

Yeah,I performed a clean Catalyst installation after using DDU, but both tabs still do not show up. I have installed official Catalyst (15.8 beta) from AMD website, WU only installs the video driver, and it's an outdated version from Catalyst 15,7 (15.200.1045), but does not install the remaining components such as Catalyst Control Center.

0 Likes
elitelord32
Adept II

Ray this update support my driver AMD Radeon HD 6250G?

0 Likes
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, it doesn't.

0 Likes