Looks like my issues are solved, and I did this by changing the motherboard... oO
I had an Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 and I tried searching for chipset drivers and recent BIOS. And I found them! But, for my despair, the BIOS update just failed (with no aparent reason ¬¬) and my PC was dead. Tried to recover BIOS REAL hard, but with no luck.
Gladly, I had a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 mobo stored and changed just to see If my other components wasn't compromissed 'cause of all this mess. And I'm doing fine so far, without any issues I had before. And yes, I'm with Catalyst 15.7.1.
So, I don't know if that can help, but maybe it's something to verify.
Just don't kill your mobo like I did with mine... *sigh*
EDIT: Well, sadly, my problems still there... but now, at least, theres no more reboot. I can use web navigator and other stuff, but if I try to play something (tried Diablo) or start opening things at the same time, the video shuts, but Windows keep rolling in background. And that's it, I have no more ideas about what to do
EDIT2: My DxDiag also 😜
For the record I have the same issue with one of my 6870HDs on Win 7 64bit
The first card stopped the OS booting correctly and hangs forever before the welcome screen and shows graphical errors during boot such as tearing, symbols and lines and incorrect colours.
This card has been stable and working perfectly for four years and appears to have died the moment I installed this update. Up to this point it was running at normal clock speed in Crossfire.
The second card when used alone as primary will get me into windows but playing games is impossible, the screen flashes and flickers with 'Display Driver has stopped responding but has recovered' error. After doing this two or three times in succession, I get BSOD with error about display refresh timer reset taking too long. This card is identical to the first one.
Windows / browser etc work fine but that's it, everything else causes this issue. Whatever it is doing has also given the original primary card the technological equivalent of a stroke - four years old so not mega surprised, but one hell of a coincidence.
Worst forum layout I ever seen, ATTACH is in the right lower part(HOW STUPID IS THAT), took me 5 minutes to find it, then my pass not working, because when moving from ati forum to amd forum they cancel all account.
Now, my win 10 64, 15.7 or 15.7.1 black screen on boot, and after every sleep my monitor will not wake up.
Hardware acceleration broken also.
msi 280x and/or amd 290( build by amd/ati). I DO NOT USE THEM IN THE SAME TIME.
SSD Samsuck 250gb EVO
I not sure this issue was only I faced.
After I updated with ATI graphic driver of 15.7.1, my screen went black after rebooting.
In fact, the window still functioning which just the screen was not dim open.
Using Torchlight put on screen, it can be seen that window still working fine behind but I could not view from display. Display on External display was working fine when I plugged with external monitor.
Attached DxDiag.txt for your reference to solve the issue.
I have the same exact problems you have, I tried everything: installing previous/latest drivers versions, clean installation of windows/AMD drivers, clean install but didn't work, I'm just gonna continue using my previous windows until these problems are gone.
HP Pavilion g6-1d21dx
AMD APU A6-3420M With Radeon HD6520G 1.5ghz
Llano based APU
Listed are the APU's that support Windows 10. Older versions do not. If you don't know which APU family yours is, google it.
When first trying this fix via Registry it didn't work. Keep in mind you may have many more than two entries for enable ULPS, you just need to keep hitting "F3" to find the next entries via the Registry Editor. Sure enough, I found several more entries. Most had a value of "0", but some did have "1". After switching any "1"s to "0", problem was solved.
The posts in that thread mention using Afterburner or Trixx to disable ULPS also. For me, Afterburner did not work. I had originally disabled via Afterburner, rebooted, and was then left with the mix of "0" and "1" values in the registry.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, double check the registry as the directions describe. The various software fixes apparently aren't 100% reliable.