Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ricbush
Journeyman III

Re: AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 cause black screen before login screen Windows 10

I had my tosbhiba laptop with AMD Radeon HD 7660G + HD 7500/7600 Dual Graphics

and AMD A10-4600 M APU...I had a Windows 10 OS..

I had also installed AMD catalyst 15.7.1 and during boot up it is very slow..

Black screen appear with light background for about two minutes..

I did not disable ULPS..Now the boot up takes less than a minute of about 40 seconds..

For my solution...

1. Go to settings

2. Update and Security

3. Windows Update..

Then after i update the driver which was provided by AMD.. i reboot.. and my system now boot up for about 40 seconds.

my graphic driver version is now 15.200.1062.1004

0 Kudos
celess
Adept I

Just to report also, I got the windows update 1004 version, from previous 1003, and I still have the issue. So 1004 does not fix it for me  I have Sandy Bridge with what reports as a AMD 6700M which is really 7690M XT. I have the *huge* post above where can find all the details of my setup. I suspect anyone with sandy bridge with any of the 64xxm through 76xxm still have same issue.

0 Kudos
chook
Journeyman III

I also have the same problem with my HP Notebook DV6-6171tx with windows 10 build 10240, try a few time uninstalled catalyst 15.7.1 and install earlier, still not working unable ULPS also not working, hopefully AMD can solve this problem early, every time switch on computer have to wait for 1 minute black screen period.

0 Kudos
martinpt
Journeyman III

I just bought an Asus N551zu (FX-7600p, integrated R7, plus R9 M280x 2GB GDDR5) and tried to update Catalyst to latest version but got the Black Screen of Death.

Basically i cant do anything because the system won't power up, it just shows the Asus logo at the beginning for about 5-10 secs and then goes straight to black screen.

I'll appreciate some help there.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
redhavnen
Journeyman III

mine does the same thing on windows 10 or 8 either one

0 Kudos
jaro30
Journeyman III

I question whether AMD reading our post? Because no one AMD did not respond to our question. We expect new drivers that solve our problem, if we remain in solving them ourselves? Sorry for my English.

0 Kudos
shpongle
Journeyman III

I get a black screen after windows login screen, using win 7 64b  here, i have a r9 270x...any fix?

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

The lag from the time from the Windows graphic and when the Desktop Windows manager is up occurs with both Radeon and GeForce cards alike.

This is due to Windows loading other drivers and components which can sometimes take a while, but eventually you should see some improvement as Windows 10 has the ability to tune the boot process automatically

0 Kudos
robwiljas
Adept I

No that's not what this is about. There is a definate problem with the AMD driver. I have several computers with AMD and Nvidia and Intel graphics. Only the AMD ones are having this problem.

0 Kudos
jaro30
Journeyman III

15.8 beta drivers do not solve the problem of black screen before logging on. AMD probably not see our problem.

0 Kudos