cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

anhtu96
Adept I

Re: AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 cause black screen before login screen Windows 10

I enabled it back, but the issue appeared again...

0 Kudos
louisojeda
Adept II

Same issue here.. Windows 10 Pro, 2 fury x cards, 16Gb ddr4..15.7 driver. Have tried the beta as well with the same results. Sometimes it will not even let me change the crossfire setting in CCC as it locks up when started. Single card setup runs perfectly on either driver. enabling crossfire turns boot time up dramatically and often freezes or gives a black screen that locks requiring a reboot.

Disabling ULPS fixes the long boot time occasionally but that also causes the system to freeze or lock up when 2 cards are present as it automatically enables crossfire the first time the second card is installed.

Tried a direct driver only install without CCC but the issue was still present. All the troubleshooting as explained  in this forum has been don with the same results. Any help in solving this would be appreciated since I purchased 2 fury x cards for crossfire capabilities. because the fury x can only use the 2 most recent driver releases I do not have other driver options to try.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
louisojeda
Adept II

I will never get another AMD card again.. this is ridiculous.. you spend over 1000 dollars on 2 cards and you cant use them... and no it is not just windows 10.. the error replicates itself on 8,8.1,and 7.

Does AMD do any testing at all with these drivers?

If your a fury X owner and want to do crossfire your out of luck and only have 3 drivers to choose from because the card is not supported with any previous release.

I should have listened to people when they warned me about how poorly AMD handles business and its products.

0 Kudos
traceman
Adept III

Windows 10 Black Screen of Death FIX!!!!!!!!!

In some cases you need to get to task manager enable explorer.exe to get your windows explorer running. For some reason I have seen a few windows 10 pc machines do this. These don't all have AMD either. It is a windows issue in some cases. Ensure you get logged in as admin. You will see the screen to switch users when you ctrl-alt-del. This is an issue. Not necessarily an AMD issue.

Here is an article that may be very helpful too. This will help lots of you believe it or not!

http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/fix-windows/black-screen-of-death.html

0 Kudos
anhtu96
Adept I

The black screen of death is when your computer is logged in and after that it shows a black screen. My problem is not like that, the black screen appears for a long time before the login screen shows up. I'm sure that AMD driver causes this problem because when I uninstall the driver, everything goes back to normal.

0 Kudos
l_t
Adept I

Yes the AMD card seems to run all the time according to GPU-Z. I re-enabled ULPS and GPU-Z said the AMD card wasn't running - ever, no matter how I tried enabling it for applications and in power settings.

I decided to revert back to Windows 7 and see what happens there. The AMD card is running all the time according to GPU-Z.

0 Kudos
j1m
Journeyman III

Hi,

This is my own issue and the bypass, applied to HP Probook 4530/4730 with AMD 7400M and intel HD graphic combo :

• - Go to HP support site and look for graphic drivers. Take the Win 8.1 x64 versions and dowload them : Intel is SP63574 , and AMD is SP63715. HP isn’t providing updated drivers for WIN10 …
  • - Uninstall AMD Catalyst and AMD graphic drivers using Programs / Uninstall
  • - Uninstall AMD graphic card and suppress drivers from Device manager
  • - Suppress C:\AMD\xxx-CCC directory if still present …
  • - Reboot …
  • - At this this Windows will install a generic driver for the AMD graphic card.
  • - Run Msoft KB3073930 fix, and disable driver update for the AMD/intel graphic card
  • - Run SP64715
  • - Reboot …
  • - Run Msoft KB3073930 fix, and disable driver update for the AMD/intel graphic card
  • - Run SP63574 to downgrade Intel drivers, and answer YES to this
  • - Reboot …

Problem seems to be bypassed. I think it is valid for most HP computers with AMD/Intel combo graphic card.

To be continued ...

0 Kudos
carcara
Journeyman III

Hi,

This was a problem that I've endured a long time ago (since Windows 8.1) on my Latitude 3540 with HD8850M. Some very old driver (12.xx) solved the black screen problem, but it was a constant one in the newer driver family (13, 14 and 15 versions). In my case, the issue, which in my case seems to be related to the enduro graphics switcher, was solved by the AMDEnduroFix_DX9 fix (available, e.g., AMDEnduroFix_DX9.exe - Google Drive ). Hope it can help.

Best regards

0 Kudos
anhtu96
Adept I

I've just installed AMD 14.4 driver and everything works perfectly!!! You all should try that solution. Please note that before you install amd 14.4 you must completely uninstall the current driver of AMD. Now my laptop boots as fast as it should be. So happy. Do it and check if it helps you.

0 Kudos
digitalkiva
Journeyman III

Thought this might help those with issues related to the original problem "black screen issues w/ HP computers":  How to Resolve Post-Windows 10 Upgrade Issues on HP Laptops ... - HP Support Forum - 5209825

0 Kudos