Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

clubsceneuk2
Journeyman III

AMD avivo and Video Encoding

Hi

I use a video encoding package called 4videosoft. Its a great piece of software that uses cuda on the nvidia card.

I have just changed to AMD and when i open the software it tells me i need additional software called AMD app acceleration

The link takes me to this page https://www.4videosoft.com/ati-technology.html but that just says download the drvers.

Ive got the most up to date driver installed and the software still does not detect the video card.

Upon reading it asks for Avivo which seems to be installable in catalyst but v 15.7.1 will not install on my PC.

As such im reaching out to those who may know to see if there is any way to resolve this.

I have the radeon software center installed so if there is a setting in there that could help please just say.

Thanks in advance

Craig (new AMD Noob)

0 Likes
1 Solution

I shared the ReLive document. Because it offered the hardware support list. GPUs on this list can encode h264-h265. Since I could not come to a conclusion with the program (4videosoft) documents, I shared the ReLive document.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/relive-install

With this link, you can access the ReLive supported GPU list. The GPUs on these lists are capable of encoding with hardware acceleration. What is your GPU?

0 Likes

Thanks for the information. I am currently using the RX 5700 XT which is not listed. Sorry i should have put that in the original question.

I have installed the adrenalin package but relieve did not show. I will recheck tho just in case.

Thanks again

0 Likes

I shared the ReLive document. Because it offered the hardware support list. GPUs on this list can encode h264-h265. Since I could not come to a conclusion with the program (4videosoft) documents, I shared the ReLive document.

Thanks. Really do appreciate the reply. I have had to purchase the new version of the software and that seems to work better with the AMD card. 
thanks again tho for looking in to it. 

0 Likes