cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

uamee
Adept I

AMD audio driver "not available"

I have already reinstalled the drivers, tried an older version but it always shows that the audio driver is not available ... All I want is to put the audio on my TV via HDMI cable, but without this driver even this option don't appears.

I have an XFX RX 470 on A320M motherboard, and Athlon 200ge

0 Likes
8 Replies

Does Device Manager show both AMD Integrated and GPU cards and AMD HD AUDIO DEVICE?

Does your TV Set show up in Windows Settings - Display?

Do you have your Main Audio device, TV Set, connected to the GPU card or to the Motherboard via HDMI cable?

If you have it connected to the Motherboard then the 200GE Integrated Graphics is being used and if you have it connected to the GPU card than the RX470 Graphics is being used.

Either way if in Device Manager AMD HD AUDIO Device driver is missing you won't have any audio from your motherboard from any AMD GPU Graphics.

Looks like the AMD Driver wasn't installed correctly or was corrupted.

Here is the latest AMD Driver for both Athlon2GE and RX470: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-athlon-processors/amd-athlon-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g...  or https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/radeon-rx-470 

The latest AMD Driver are the same for both the Athlon 200GE and RX470.

If Device Manager doesn't show either the 200GE Integrated Vega Graphics GPU or the RX470 GPU or AMD HD AUDIO DEVICE then use this basic method to install and remove the current AMD driver:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

IF after doing all of the above and Device Manager still doesn't show AMD HD AUDIO DEVICE driver installed or your RX 470 or 200GE is missing or showing an error than I suggest you update all of your Motherboard's BIOS and CHIPSET drivers to the latest version.

NOTE: In Windows Sound Panel, click on the active Audio Device and on the Sub-Menu click on "Hidden and Disabled" to show all Hidden and Disabled Audio Devices.

Also what does GPU-Z show?

That is: now the AMD audio driver has been installed, but it does not work with the hdmi plugged in with the rx 470

NOTE: i already updated the BIOS driver

0 Likes

AMD HD AUDIO DEVICE Driver is now showing in both Device Manager and Windows Sound Panel?

In Sound panel do you have the Main Audio Device (Your TV set) set as "Default"? 

Is the TV Set showing in Sound Panel that it is using AMD HD AUDIO DEVICE driver using HDMI connection?

Does your TV have any other type of Audio or Video Input ports besides HDMI?  Like DP or DVI-D?

If so, try connecting your RX470 to the TV's DP or DVI-D input port and see if you get Audio.

I realize English is not your language. Type out your reply in your native language then use Google to translate it into English.

I have a Translation extension in Firefox that automatically translates all languages into English for me.

Reason why I mentioned the above, I noticed that you seemed to be having problems communicating in English.

0 Likes

OK, I did all the things you mentioned and here are the tests: the test using only athlon 200ge + vega 3 are in photos 1 to 4, and the test with athlon 200ge + rx 470 is in photos 5 to 7, like you can see, my problem only occurs when I use the hdmi plugged into the rx 470

1.PNG2.PNG

4.PNG3.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------here is the test with rx 470----------------------------------------------------------------

6.PNG

5.PNG

7.PNG

I sent it with a link before but I think the post was not approved because it is an external link

In short, what happens is that with the HDMI plugged into the rx 470 my TV doesn't even appear in the audio settings

0 Likes

Thanks for your post, it was very helpful.

I can see that your AMD Driver is properly installed and working since in Device Manager there are no errors.

So you get video to your TV set using the RX470 but no Audio correct?

Try installing a previous AMD driver and see if you get audio in case the latest AMD Driver is causing the problem from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/rade... 

If installing a previous driver doesn't fix your audio,  If you can borrow another AMD GPU card to temporarily install in your computer and see if GPU Audio starts to work or if you can install your RX470 in another computer and see if GPU Audio starts to work.

If another AMD GPU card audio works than the problem is with your RX470 card. Possibly a defective HDMI port on the RX470 card since using your 200GE HDMI does have Audio to the TV.

Mean time if your RX470 still is under Warranty, I suggest you open a Warranty Ticket with either the Retailer/Vendor or XFX  manufacturer to see if they believe you need to RMA the GPU to be checked or replaced.

Also open a Online AMD Service Request (Official AMD Support) and see what they suggest in trying to get your audio to work with your RX470 from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form . You can fill it in since it has Portuguese as a language selection.

Note: if you can borrow a DP>HDMI Adapter to see if audio starts to work again just to eliminate a bad HDMI output port on your RX470 if a previous driver doesn't fix the problem.

Otherwise I am out of suggestions and someone else might have some other suggestions in getting your audio to work on your RX470.

EDIT: I just remembered something.

Try installing your RX470 on another PCIe x16 slot on your motherboard and see if Audio works. Possibly you may have a defective Motherboard PCIe x16 slot.

Kinda tired.

0 Likes

for now i'm just going to buy some usb speakers, thanks for your attention :D

I lost audio after updating the display driver

Have another solution. Nothing helped me from the previous answers. I had upgraded my AMD drivers to the newest 20.12 and HDMI Audio to my TV disappeared. The solution for me was to downgrade to my last driver version (as far as I remember) 18.1.1 https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-1-1Maybe I will be able to upgrade to a higher 18.xx version but I don't want to take that risk anymore.

1. Download AMD Cleanup Utility https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601#faq-Using-AMD-Cleanup-Utility. Run it to uninstall and clear all current driver versions.
  2. Download old drivers - try to remember what was your last driver version before the update and download it. Search in Google for the version, as finding it on the AMD website is complicated to nearly impossible.
  3. Install the old drivers and reboot. I did nothing more and after the reboot, the TV was in the menu - the same as before, along with my monitor audio out. Winning!

undefined

P.S. I tried to update my BIOS to the latest version, to install AMD 17.xxx drivers, to update Audio Bus from Device Manager - and nothing helped.

Originally posted in ticket NEW RX570 NO AUDIO OVER HDMI

0 Likes