Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ALtremo
Journeyman III

AMD Athlon Gold 3150U have no drivers to download

Good day.

I found no drivers for CPU AMD Athlon Gold 3150U with Radeon Graphics. I am not sure about can I use drivers for, say, 3150g for my laptop. What should I do about that?

1 Solution

I wouldn't advice installing a Desktop VGA Driver for a laptop unless it mentions it is compatible with your laptop APU processor.

Your AMD APU Athlon Gold 3150U was made for OEM Laptops thus there aren't any AMD Drivers from AMD Download page.

You might want to try the AMD VGA Driver for the 7000 series APU that in the "Release Notes" mentions it is compatible with Athlon and Pro versions with Radeon graphics: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-11-2

Screenshot 2023-02-03 082227.png

But I suggest you download your laptop's own OEM AMD VGA Driver and install that unless you absolutely need a newer version since it is 100% compatible with your laptop features and IGPU.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I wouldn't advice installing a Desktop VGA Driver for a laptop unless it mentions it is compatible with your laptop APU processor.

Your AMD APU Athlon Gold 3150U was made for OEM Laptops thus there aren't any AMD Drivers from AMD Download page.

You might want to try the AMD VGA Driver for the 7000 series APU that in the "Release Notes" mentions it is compatible with Athlon and Pro versions with Radeon graphics: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-11-2

Screenshot 2023-02-03 082227.png

But I suggest you download your laptop's own OEM AMD VGA Driver and install that unless you absolutely need a newer version since it is 100% compatible with your laptop features and IGPU.

Thank you very much for your reply! I will have to do with what HP have in offer for me T_T

That is the best bet unless  HP OEM AMD VGA Driver is very out-dated and you need a newer version for a game or app or feature that you need.

0 Likes