cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AMD Adrenaline is so slow and laggy

Why is it that the latest Adrenalin software is so slow and Laggy for me? Takes a solid 3 minutes just to boot up. I've tried deleting all the files for AMD did a DDU on my computer and a complete re-install with a factory reset. I've literally tried EVERYTHING and it is still slower than a blind chick in a corn maze. I get the loading circle with a flash of "program not responding" across the top of the window bar. Then when it finally loads anything it takes 2 minutes just to switch menu options. I don't understand what is going on.

10 Replies
Benago1
Adept II

Are you running a platter drive or a ssd. I know a ssd can slow down when it is at its max storage capacity, but I don't think it would be as slow as you mentioned. Now a plater drive I do know will slow down to a point of creating errors. The motor that spins the disks inside the hard drives get to a pint of almost stopping. That make the machine very slow. Let me know if this helps.

Bit hard to troubleshoot without knowing OP system specs/driver/OS ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I will reply with specs in the next 24 hours. I'm sorry I should know better I was just super frustrated at the time I posted.

0 Likes

perhaps you have a hardware error the software is trying to correct?

I mean the rx 470 isn't exactly a new card.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

That's the thing. The drivers install fine the card that is reading pulls plenty of hash and operates as normal. Everything else works perfect and loads perfect with zero problems to include my mining software. Its only when I go to open Adrenalin that I start having issues. As a matter of fact I had an older intel MOBO that I was using before I switch to a different slightly newer mining MOBO. I have to pull up the exact specs since I cant remember the exact model number. On the older MOBO Adrenalin was doing the exact same thing. Slow and laggy. I feel like I just need to keep deleting and downloading the program until I get lucky or something. Maybe its a corrupted file on AMD's end? Server issues? I feel like I'm destined to just deal with the insanely slow load times and menu options. BTW this has all happened within the last 6 months. I downloaded Adrenalin on my gaming PC about a year ago and it has given me zero issues.

0 Likes

Is it the same driver? Is it modded bios? 

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

Or is it the mining software/apps. causing it ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I use a 250GB SSD. Maybe 50GB is being used for programs. Its not my main computer its my mining rig with RX470's installed so I didn't go with any large storage capacity. Even before I had more than 1 GPU installed and BEFORE I had any mining software installed it was still slow as molasses. The initial driver install was no problem with any of my reinstalls and factory resets. Its the Adrenalin program itself that is giving me the problems. Not sure what to do other than maybe change my SSD its an off brand I ordered from new egg, not sure if that's the problem since I have zero issues with any other programs or downloads.

0 Likes
bkpl
Journeyman III

I also experience the same extremely slow loading of Adrenalin. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes to load. and each  execution may take 2 or 3 minutes. I tried various version and they all are  slow. It start to go slow when I had windows 10 do its automatic update in May or June 2022 and its been slow ever since. Tried new SSD Hard drive, Tried reinstalling windows 10  from scratch and  it is still slow  . It never was  slow before window 10 update in June/May 2022.

Has anyone  got a solution?

0 Likes

Uninstall all the mining software. that was the OP problem.

Or find a crypto support forum to help, no help here for miners. 

0 Likes