cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

reesehm96
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenaline install crashing windows on boot

Just finished installing a new Windows 10 Pro NVMe SSD in my new rig, But when installing Adrenaline, the software reboots windows during installation and freezes on boot up, forcing me to re-install windows.

My windows instillation has been stable, im not pushing any crazy clock speeds and besides the RAM i haven't changed any other settings till i knew it was stable. Even so ive reverted to stock speeds and still lost the instillation anyways.

Has anybody seen this issue, if so a resolution? if not is there a way i can obtain the latest drivers for my CPU and GPU without having to install Adrenaline? 

Specs:

Desktop

Graphics: AMD 5700 (XFX)

Driver version: None (kind of the issue at the moment)

Monitor: Acer GN246HL 1920x1080 @60Hz (HDMI)

Motherboard: ROG Strix X470-I

CPU: Ryzen 2700x @ 3.8GHz

PSU: Corsair 600w Modular

Ram: 32GB Corsair Vengeance C15 @ 3000MHz

NVMe M.2 SSD (boot drive): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB

0 Likes
3 Replies
swanie
Journeyman III

Have you tried disabling the HDCP in the gpu driver? 

Do not reboot after installing the gpu driver...... 

Open the AMD Driver Settings... in the Display tab you will see the "Specs" tab... in there you will see the override Tab...

Disable HDCP Support.

cross your fingers and reboot....

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
soloithz
Journeyman III

I have similar issue. Brand new install of win10 on asus x570 prime-pro with R7-3700x and Powercolor 5700xt aib edition. At 34% install crashes and i get bsod with various codes like video scheduler, whea incorrectable error and need to reinstall windows. This has happened multiple times already and its very painful. I just spent $400 on a doorstop. Please fix this AMD. 

0 Likes

I'll Add that I had to use system restore to get back to a working desktop but after 2 restores windows gets write protected and restore is no longer available. Also at one point I was able to get back to desktop despite the failure at driver install and it appeared to be partially installed. I ran dxdiag with whql on and that results in the instant bsod crash as well. I have tried 19.9.2 latest, 19.8.4 which is on power colors website and last whql from guru3d. All same results. My card is connected via a PCI riser cable also for what thats worth. If I don't attempt driver installation i can use the PC for hours no issues. I did not try gaming. Only web browsing and YouTube.

0 Likes