cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Shano073
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin Software 22.5.1 VSync

Hello everyone! I bought a Sapphire RX 6650 XT a month ago and played some games for which i turned off VSync in the Adrenalin Software. A few days ago i updated the driver to the latest version 22.8.2, but it crashed multiple times (screen frezze mostly), so i used the amd cleaning utility and reinstalled the 22.5.1 version. Since then, it seems like the software doesn't work, it doesn't turn off VSync or anything. I tried to DDU it and reinstall the 22.5.1 version with no succes, my problems are still here. What can i do? If i reinstall the system, will it help or i can solve it with anything that doesn't ivolve a fresh Windows install?

0 Likes
8 Replies
CN50
Adept III

I to had this problem I went with rolling back drivers to get the software to work I as well had to stop windows from updating my drivers so that it wouldn't update them but if you look hard enough on this site you will see many post about this subject, if you do not like my fix for it

Thank you, i will try it. I was adamant that i wont need to do it since it worked with 22.5 before, but i will give it a shot!

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

To stop Windows update from overwriting your drivers follow this guide by @kingfish How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Updat... - AMD Community

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Honestly I'm so afraid to update anymore that it will break again, it was a miracle I got it to work again with the update.

An it shouldn't be that way with a company like this.

0 Likes
Superbogey
Journeyman III

I'm having a similar issue on my Kaby Lake system with a 4MB Gigabyte RX 5500XT. Haven't had any issues with previous versions of Adrenalin until I tried to update from 22.5 to 22.9. After what appears to be a successful install, I'm met with an error message as soon as I try to launch Adrenalin after logging in:

"<install drive>\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe

[Delayed Write Failed]
Windows was unable to save all the data to the file hs. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save the file elsewhere."

This consistently happens with either 22.9.1 or now 22.9.2 but goes away if I roll back to 22.5.* on Windows 11.

0 Likes

If it doesn't happen with 22.5.1, use that driver. Everything after 22.5.1 is optional and not tested as thoroughly. 

If it were me, I would use DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstall 22.5.1.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Hi, I'm having the exact issue like you as well but found no solution yet: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/xmq2sy/cant_open_amd_control_panel_on_windows_11_22h2

0 Likes
Superbogey
Journeyman III

Already did. Not going to update until 23.0.1 - or whatever the non-zero point release happens to be AND is compatible or isn't buggy like 22.9.x is.

0 Likes