cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DJCyber
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin fan Tuning not saving

Running a RX 6600 Eagle with Adrenaline. I have made a custom fan curve and saved it. After a reboot the fan settings revert to the default.

Also running 5600x with a Bios controlled fan curve this is working fine.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Sadly, recurring issue. Not sure if it is Gigabyte cards one that affected or something else (i have AORUS 6750 XT)
You can use MSI Afterburner if default curve doesn't do good for you. Just check if it sets fan speed based on edge temperature or junction temperature (hotspot). For me it sets from hotspot. 

repharaoh
Journeyman III

They're too incompetent to fix this bug.

People have been reporting this issue about this software for literally years. There are posts on the forums going all the way back to 2020 complaining about this problem.

There's even a solution posted on the forums and these lazy incompetent fools cant even be bothered to implement it. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/custom-gaming-tuning-performance-profiles-not-saving-f...

That is COMPLETELY different issue from what TS asked solution for. 

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Here you go, found solution. Afterburner was both solution and cause.

Basically Afterburner overwrites curve on application startup even if you don't have manual curve enabled in app. But only if microprogrammer fan speed control was enabled when manual curved became disabled for some reason.  Programming at it's finest. Adrenaline only grabs already existing settings.

To prevent it, go in Afterburner fan curve. DISABLE microprogrammer control. Then APPLY. Then disable manual fan curve. Voila

Or just delete Afterburner. 

0 Likes