cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

johnDarkSouls
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin exe file disappearing

Hi, I recently upgraded from a GTX 1060 to a RX 7600 and I've been having problems installing Adrenalin. I ran DDU before changing GPUs and downloaded the installer for the latest driver and current Adrenalin version from the AMD website, and when I try to install them, everything goes seemingly fine, except the driver is (seemingly) installed correctly, but Adrenalin isn't, as I can find the link to the exe in start menu, but if I click on it I get a message saying RadeonSoftware . exe does not exist. Now, I tried a lot of different possible fixes, such as running DDU again, disabling windows update, deleting the AMD folder, using the other installer found on AMD's website, but nothing. The best result I had was the icon for Adrenalin appearing in the tray for a split second and vanishing, which makes me wonder if anything is just actively deleting the .exe file instantly. I was thinking about asking someone to send me the .exe file but I don't know if that would work out as I can't say if there are any other files missing from the installation directory.

TLDR; the Adrenalin installer does its job seemingly fine, but it only installs the drivers and not the Adrenalin software itself, whose .exe file does not exist on my pc. Tried a bunch of different fixes but nothing worked.

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

The default path to the software is "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe"

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

yes I know, but every time I install, the exe file is not in that folder and nowhere in my C: drive

0 Likes