cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MoonRey
Adept I

AMD Adrenalin drivers causing wifi issues

Hello, I have a problem when I install the AMD drivers, right after installing my wi-fi it just stops working, I can't connect to any network, but if I uninstall the AMD drivers again, the wifi works normally again, someone Would you help me? I noticed that more users had the problem, but I didn't find any solution ... :( Wi-Fi card: TP-Link 881ND.

My complete settings:

Ryzen 3 3200G (With Vega 8)

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H

Corsair VS500

2xXPG Gammix 3200MHz 8GB DDR4

SSD Gigabyte 256GB

Wireless  Adapter TpLink 881ND (PCIe x1)

0 Likes
1 Solution

So guys, I got a solution to the problem, I solved the problem by changing the router to work with the "Encryption Mode" option in "AES" instead of "TKIP & AES", apparently after installing AMD video drivers, something happens with the network card and can only connect to the router when it is operating on "AES"... I hope it helps more people with the same problem that I got.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Strange that a GPU Driver will be in conflict with a WiFi driver.

Here from your WiFi card FAQ concerning unable to connect to Wifi: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2253/

Here is the latest driver for your WiFi card: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wn881nd/#Driver

That same link has a "Chat" feature. I suggest you open a Chat session and explain to them how a GPU driver can disable your Wifi card function and see what they suggest.

0 Likes

The strangest thing that even with the newest drivers via the TPLink website or with the original Windows drivers, the problem happens, my wifi card just reconnects the networks when I uninstall the AMD Driver Adrenalin.

I contacted TPLink, in the chat available on their official page, but the support clerk was unable to help me, I said about the AMD video drivers five times, but he still asked me if these AMD drivers are WiFi , gave me some information about changing the router to AES and see if it worked, but it was no use ... Among some other basic things, like installing the website drivers, which I had already done before contacting them, but nothing that really solved the problem, right after to end the service, told me that I should contact TPLink level 2 support via email, because the video driver should have nothing to do with the network card , this interference is really out of reality :(

Like I mentioned, AMD Driver shouldn't affect your WiFi card or its driver. It should only affect your GPU card and Driver.

But if you get no resolution with Tp-link then open an AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I do remember some AMD Users were complaining about their WiFi card not working in the past here at AMD Forums.   Unfortunately I can't seem to locate the thread that concerned this issue.  Turn out to be a rather simple solution.

0 Likes

So guys, I got a solution to the problem, I solved the problem by changing the router to work with the "Encryption Mode" option in "AES" instead of "TKIP & AES", apparently after installing AMD video drivers, something happens with the network card and can only connect to the router when it is operating on "AES"... I hope it helps more people with the same problem that I got.

Thank you!!!  I was having the exact same issue but with my onboard wifi for my new build. It was definitely a head scratching and I spent a couple days and reinstalled windows twice, and wifi seem to work right up to the point when I install the Adrenaline GPU drivers 

My wi-fi would connect to network but kept hanging and event logs had these errors:

The network interface "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 2 time(s) since it was last initialized.

5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

--

Sure enough, I changed my Router (TP-Link Archer C4000) wireless network security AES-only and issue went away. Definitely weird that the graphics driver would cause this issue, hopefully gets resolved in future versions...?  

Motherboard: Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
Wifi: on-board Intel AC3168 
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: Radeon RX6800
Radeon Adrenaline 2020 - 21.3.1

Hello - I have this exact same issue, My Mobo- MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC & APU - 3200G vega graphics.
My ISP Router doesnt have option to change channel frequency and NO AES Encryption option available .
I first faced this issue 7-8 months ago , then I connected 2.4ghz no option left. Recently 5ghz started working again, no issue at all. Today I changed the bios IGD to Force & then the problem started again. I have updated bios & restored everything but no luck. 

0 Likes
yoshy262
Adept I

I have the same issue with my Ryzen 7 5700G.

I did a new build with no video card, only APU.

AsRock Deskmini x300, Ryzen 7 5700G, 16 gb, and 2 x 500gb ssd.

After Adrenalin installation my WIFI module was dead (Intel AC-3168), doesn't matter what I did tested or windows reinstalled the wifi doesn't want to work anymore.

I did a simple thing, after 12 hours of fiddling around, I did switch from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz and my issue was gone.

Now is working without any issues anymore.

Windows 10 and my build got last drivers possible and latest bios update.

Simple solution, too bad that I waste so much time.

0 Likes
3ez
Journeyman III

I don't know if this solution will work in win10 since I've been downgrading and a find a fix for it in wi7.

Here we go: after installing amd driver, I change my wireless cript from AES to Tk... ((The solution above)).

Then connect with wifi, then again changed back to AES, it will not connect but if you click on the saved wifi will appears Tk... So change that to AES and connect for me.

~Sorry for my bad English and I didn't even rebot my system so I don't have a lot experience with this solution but I think may help you.

0 Likes
laokbejarok
Journeyman III

Thanks for the solution. I nearly to buy a new motherboard because of this issue. I though my motherboard is dying. It just showing this issue after i upgraded from ryzen 5 2400g to 5600. My wifi module completely died and cannot be detected in device manager. It also cause ethernet connection instability. After applying the fix, wifi card operating normally.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 5600

RX 6600

Asrock AB350 Fatal1ty ITX/AC (intel 3168 wifi card)

0 Likes