cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fr3nki
Adept II

AMD Adrenalin 2020: Global Setting Fan problem

Hello i noticed that , my fan controls on global setting is resetting after gamin session so every time i game i have to go back to it to turn on Zero RPM . is there any fix for this?

7 Replies

Games should have their own profile...not Global settings. Any change you make in Global tuning disables zero rpm.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-020 

Zero RPM

Zero RPM enables quiet operation whilst the GPU is under light load and is enabled by default. The GPU fans should spin up as the GPU is put under load and temperature increases. Zero RPM is automatically disabled if any changes are made in the Tuning menu.

0 Likes

My global settings are untouched ,games have own profiles but still somehow after gaming session I see fan controls back to disabled state meaning its bak to automatic.Well I also noticed that if I dont go bak to performance screen seems its working accordingly maybe its some visual error who knows ,also I call it false alarm

I have almost the same problem. I can't hear the fan, so it's ridiculous to have "zero rpm" enabled. I enable manual tuning and disable it. The fans run continuously. Great.
But every time I put the computer to sleep or shut it down, when it wakes or reboots, the fans won't run. The settings are unchanged; zero rpm appears to be disabled, but the fans won't run. Every time I use the computer, whether waking it from sleep or starting it with a cold boot, i have to first restore defaults, then enable manual tuning and turn off zero rpm to get the fans to spin. 
IF there were a way to make the software load a saved profile at launch, that would solve the problem, but i can't make that happen automatically. If I can't get this fixed, I'll have to trash the RX 570, because it's too inefficient to have to go through this ridiculous rigamarole every single time I resume work.

Any hints greatly appreciated. Adrenaline software is the latest version recommended by the automatic update feature.

0 Likes

That is the key less fans used longer fans life span ,Global setting by default have Zero RPM on automatic and always ON if fan control is set to disabled ,ur fans will kick in once game profile is set for that game .U should download and run HWMonoitor in background and see how are the stats temps and rpms , i tend to make mine about 60c(140F) for games ,and global for regular idle PC work ,browsing internet , im telling all of this but i still didn't reset PC so might update later if something changed

The inverse is true for the processor: the longer it operates at 60º, the shorter it's lifespan. That's why I want the fans running before the card gets uncomfortably hot to touch, which it certainly does if Zero RPM is enabled.

0 Likes

Do you have any other 3rd party overclocking tool installed like MSI Afterburner, ASUS GPUTweak2,
Old versions of Sapphire Trixx which controlled overclocking?

If you do they can mess with fan control settings.

Other than that it is likely a bug in Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI which  has various problems with settings.

I'm not OP, but no, I don't have anything like you mention installed. I believe I'm in liege with your opinion that it's a bug in Adrenalin 2020. Thanks for that.

Mine is a new build I put together expressly for Microsoft Flight Simulator, so there's almost nothing installed other than chipset and LAN drivers. (In fact, the RX 570 is only a placeholder. As soon as the next generation of AMD and Nvidia cards arrive in a couple of months I'll replace it with an RDNA2 or an RTX 3080. If I can't find a workaround for this silly problem, I'll lean strongly toward the RTX 3080 unless AMD beats it to market by a significant time interval OR Nvidia prices it ridiculously high like their current top-tier cards.)

0 Likes