cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bhfriedell
Journeyman III

AMD A9 -9425

i have a new hp computer purchased in Dec 2019.  It has a AMD A9- 9425 RADEON R5 processor, I get messages all tghe tiime that the lastest versions of Adrenline are  available.  That  Processor is not even listed in the A9 Radeon listings hence you cant downlod Adrenlin 2020 and it is not a Windows update,Its a AMD Download.  Also, you can ttry the automatic program to try to find your Preocessor and  Graphics on yout computer  that won't even run and comes up as a incompldte.  Does AMD have any plans on fixing this?   There are only like 5 models of AMD A9 laptops versions listed.  Im sufre thare are thousands of /AMD A9 - 9425;s out there.  This is not good. 

0 Likes
3 Replies

According to this spec sheet Your processor uses Enduro switchable graphics which is not supported anymore by AMD. Best to get your drivers from HP

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support 

https://www.amd.com/en/products/specifications/processors 

Support for AMD Enduro™ technology switchable graphics mode has been discontinued starting with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1. Users who wish to continue to use AMD Enduro™ technology switchable graphics mode may do so with prior supported Radeon Software releases.

Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs 
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.

0 Likes

wait i have the same processor  but a lenovo laptop instead how do i update mine can i use the one you sent because its the same or is it different. 

0 Likes
IVN32333
Journeyman III

The project managers at amd are inconsiderateness jerks just like Microsoft.  

They mess up the garbage hardware they sell you with garbage software they create forcong you to download that garbage you dont need.   

Just like Microsoft updates.   They screw the **bleep** hraphics drivers with the wrong garbage sh1t

0 Likes