Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gloop
Newcomer

AMD A70M Chipset Drivers

Hello,

I'm looking for the Windows 7 x64 AMD A70M Chipset drivers (specifically for an HP Envy dv6-7210us) but I'm unable to find them online anywhere. Does anyone have a link to them?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Your Laptop is very old. So most likely HP has considered your laptop to be legacy and not supported with anymore updated drivers.

EDIT: Found this HP Thread that mentions that the HP Chipset Drivers are included in the Graphics Driver: Solved: AMD Chipset Drivers? - HP Support Community - 6816489 

From the link that kingfish‌ gave in his previous comment: HP ENVY dv6-7210us Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

NOTE: DELL has a AMD A70M CHIPSET Driver for Windows 7 but not sure if they will work on your HP Laptop.https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=0xndg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Any chipset drivers will come from the manufacturer > HP ENVY dv6-7210us Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

Thank you for the reply but there are no chipset drivers available in your link.

0 Likes

If there is a chipset driver available..it will be from the laptop manufacturer.

0 Likes

Your Laptop is very old. So most likely HP has considered your laptop to be legacy and not supported with anymore updated drivers.

EDIT: Found this HP Thread that mentions that the HP Chipset Drivers are included in the Graphics Driver: Solved: AMD Chipset Drivers? - HP Support Community - 6816489 

From the link that kingfish‌ gave in his previous comment: HP ENVY dv6-7210us Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

NOTE: DELL has a AMD A70M CHIPSET Driver for Windows 7 but not sure if they will work on your HP Laptop.https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=0xndg

Thank you for the detailed response! Interestingly enough the graphics drivers on HP's website do not include the chipset drivers.

I had tried downloading the Dell drivers the other day but received an error when attempting to decompress them. At the time I had assumed this was them not being compatible with an HP laptop. After googling the error other users have had trouble downloading Dell's drivers as well. https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/Driver-install-failing-to-extract/td-p/449...

I downloaded the drivers three times and finally on the last download, success! I've never had such a problem downloading a file but I suppose it's specific to their systems. These drivers do include the chipset and seem to be working flawlessly on the HP laptop!

Thanks again!

0 Likes

Thanks for the link to Dell downloading issue. That is good information to know in the future if other Users are trying to download and install Dell drivers.

Glad it worked.  I have read from other Users that they have been able to install Drivers from other laptop manufacturers for their laptop. But it is risky, in my opinion.

The HP Graphics Driver probably does have the Chipset included since there are no separate HP CHIPSET Drivers available.

0 Likes