cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

karl_me
Journeyman III

AMD A4-4300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

I have recently purchased a laptop: Toshiba C850D-125, PCC8E. it is running windows 10 enterprise: Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042.

At startup the display runs on the Microsoft Basic Display Driver and when I check in Device Manager the Display Adapter lists: AMD Radeon HD 7420G with a yellow warning triangle, Upon entering properties I am greeted with: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). If I disable and enable the device it removes the warning and greets me with: This device is working properly, Upon entering properties. But still the display is running on the Microsoft Basic Display Driver at only 1.00hz.

I have tried multiple reinstallations of device drivers from Windows Update, AMD Drivers and Support, Toshiba (Dynabook Driver Downloads) each time clearing the with both AMD cleanup utility and DDU. Have turned off Windows Update and Real time protection in Windows Defender whilst attempting the reinstalls and nothing seems to work 

I am at my whits end and would appreciate any advice

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

I did try the legacy driver installs mentioned. The latest update from manufacturer and the windows update driver and none solved the problem.

What did fix it was entering the bios (F2 on my machine) at startup and loading default setup.

Not sure if this will be the same on all manufacturers but definitely worth a try for anyone else that is finding similar problems.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

First that AMD APU (Processor with Integrated Graphics) is not supported by AMD with Graphic Driver updates.

The last two Drivers for that APU is WHQL - 2015 and BETA - 2016: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a4-series-apu-for-laptops/a4-4300m-rade...

Not sure if these old previous AMD Drivers are compatible with Windows 10 Enterprise version or not.

Most likely that driver you have installed is not 100% compatible with your APU.

Does your laptop manufacturer have AMD Drivers for your APU to download since it came with Windows 10 Enterprise OS?

0 Likes

I did try the legacy driver installs mentioned. The latest update from manufacturer and the windows update driver and none solved the problem.

What did fix it was entering the bios (F2 on my machine) at startup and loading default setup.

Not sure if this will be the same on all manufacturers but definitely worth a try for anyone else that is finding similar problems.