cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AMD a10 9600p based laptop usb drivers are too old

I am having Aspire E5-553-T4PT Laptop with Windows 10 64 Bit. I am very much surprised to see USB Drivers are too old. Even AMD-Chipset-Drivers-Software-17.10RCP22-Apr27 was no use. I don't know why AMD is not worried about it. This laptop is equipped with USB 3.1 Reversible Type-C connector, but in device manager there no USB 3.1 word! Only USB 3.0. Along with that some of important system devices are also having very old drivers.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: AMD a10 9600p based laptop usb drivers are too old

Did you not know the specs of the laptop before you bought it?

Acer Aspire E5-553-T4PT (NX.GESSI.003) Notebook - BestBudgetPrice

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Datasheet PN: NX.GESSI.003

Always try to find information from actual manufacturer site as far as technical things are concern. Never trust other than that.

Along with that pl. find snap of my laptop.IMG_20170527_091847.jpg

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

At least now be agree with me about my drivers opinion. This laptop is having one more serious issue of wrong configured clock speed of RAM which I shared with ACER Community (till no solution!)

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

I guess I don't know what your question is. According to the specs, your laptop came with USB 3.0...not USB 3.1. You should check Acer's website for any device updates. > Service & Support | Acer Official Site

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Sorry, this seems like purely an Acer issue. They created the laptop, and as far as I am aware, AMD has nothing to do with USB drivers - those are related to the motherboard, and as far as I am aware from quickly googling, that isn't something AMD makes/made. Best contact Acer support.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

ACER Datasheet.jpg

It is having USB 3.1 Type C connector, it there, but there no 3.1 word in USB Drivers list.-This is my first issue along with that USB 3.0

is working but performance is not at all satisfactory.So I tried - AMD-Chipset-Drivers-Software-17.10RCP22-Apr27 drivers but no use. During that engineering I found other some important devices are having too old drivers as I attached in my  first post.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

it is not purely Acer issue though Acer has to take efforts for that. My experience with Intel chipset is- if u update usb drivers to 2015 ( right now I dont have specific drivers ver. and device ids), USB port performance gets boosted.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

If chipset belongs to AMD why and how ACER will help??!!!

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Guessing you are expecting the 10Gbps speed ?

Contact Acer support for which gen. you have.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos