cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

g3xg3
Newcomer

Amd A-10 Radeon R6 m340dx [error 43]

Hi there, I've got an -asus F555D , Amd A10 Radeon R6 340DX. 

I have the -AMD Chipset Driver v.21.19.141.0 [10.04.2016]

I always get the notification that there is a newer driver available notably v. 27.20.14535. 3005 [02.17.2021]

At this point whatever way i try to update the driver results in a error 43

It won't work if I use Radeon auto-detect, it won't work if i update manually.

It doesnt work if I reinstall windows or change hard-drive.

The weird part is that it says I've got one gb of vram while I'm positive I should have two.

Has anyone had the same problem and somehow solved it?

Is it possible that there might be damage to the hardware? 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Which AMD Graphics driver did you download for the A-10 or the M340DX?

You need to download the laptop's APU (a-10) which will automatically install both the Integrated and Discrete GPU drivers.

What procedure did you use to uninstall and install the current AMD Driver?

Unless Asus AMD Driver is very out-dated it is best to use Asus AMD driver which is 100% compatible with your laptop.

0 Likes

So i used Amdcleanuputility but also ive uninstalled manually from device manager and installed with a clean windows 10 install.

You are right, idk i thought newer drivers were more compatible with old hardware than older ones. This might just be my ignorance. I'll try to see specifically if the A10 drivers helps, even if it doesnt i thank you.

Still there remains the mistery of the vram. 

0 Likes

The vRAM is set in BIOS.

If your Laptop BIOS has a setting to configure how much System RAM will be allocated to the Integrated Graphics then you can set the vRAM anywhere from 5xxMBs to 2GBs of System RAM to be used exclusively by the Integrated Graphics.

But some if not most laptop BIOS doesn't have that setting which means the vRAM is permanently set at 1GB and can't be changed manually by the User.

0 Likes