cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ragemadvenom
Newcomer

AMD 7400m black screen after installing 15.7.1 driver

So I'm stuck with this problem for over a week now and I still can't find the solution to it, I have an HP ProBook 4730s, it has an intel GPU 3000 and AMD Radeon 7400m, I had windows 10 a few days ago and I was searching for the solutions everywhere but I didn't find any then after that I found out that the problem was in the laptop itself since it didn't support Windows 10 so I had to install windows 8.1 to see if it will fix the problem, I installed the intel and AMD drivers from windows update and also from the hp website but still the problem persists, after I install the AMD driver, the screen goes black and even after I restart the laptop, it gets past that windows spinning wheel and then the screen goes black, I honestly don't know what is the problem, I tried to find everywhere for a solution but I don't know, so I thought I could come to the official AMD forum and ask so here I am, Any help is greatly appreciated since I want my Laptop to work again.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers 

* Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

READ very closely the part about Intel/AMD graphics
0 Likes

But I already have windows 7 and its updated

0 Likes

Where did the%$^ Win8.1 come from in your post? Which AMD 7400m Series graphic card do you have??

READ https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

Good luck

0 Likes

its an AMD 7400m not series, and I made that post before but no one replied when I had win8.1 but now I have w7

0 Likes