cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

officialfn
Adept I

AMD 22.5.2 FIX?!?!?!

everytime i go to play fortnite, it says there are known issues with this driver. this has been happening for a week now and i don't think a patch has been released. Anyone else having the same problem? there has to be.

14 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

It's a thing. I still have the old 22.5.2 before they rereleased it this month and the game runs well. I won't update my drivers until a proper 22.6.1 or 22.7.1 are released. I see more problems from people with the new 22.5.2 than the one I installed in May.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Meanwhile, I have had enough. I've been running on last year's Enterprise drivers for a 6900XT, on a water-cooled 3990X Threadripper system, with 256GB of ECC RAM, on an Asus Zenith II Extreme Alpha motherboard, with an Asus 1200 Watt Thor power supply, because recent one's, even the Enterprise ones, will not run without errors. Purchase order was sent in for a Nvidia 3090 30 minutes ago.

I am so sick of reinstalling Windows for Workstations 11 because AMD's video drivers, even with the clean-up utility and Revo Uninstaller, fail to uninstall cleanly.

I might replace the Threadripper system with something from Intel, if that ACPI 15 crap isn't cleaned up quick. Water cooler talk is that the missing Ryzen Master software for Windows 11 is supposed to fix that, but who knows.

I mean, it was $4k for the CPU itself, and another $1.5k for the video card. This was when they were top of the line. And if AMD can't fix the problems with their top of the line products (seriously, Adrenalin software is still reporting my 3990X as having 32-cores?), then perhaps they don't need my money, or the money of the companies I advise. Adobe Premiere Pro & After Effects are crashing, and I can't even rule out the freaking video driver.

Did I mention I'm also a Computer Scientist? I love getting the run around when reporting problems. Because when I report one, it's not like I haven't tried every combination of magical fixes first.

Amd, your drivers are bad, and you should feel bad...

ThreeDee
Paragon

Are you actually having issues? .. instead of something just saying that there are known issues?

Things to check/do if you want:

Make sure your motherboards BIOS is up to date
Make sure you are running latest chipset drivers from AMD or Intel (New AM4 drivers available https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 )
Make sure you are running a separate power cable to each power input on your GPU
Make sure your Windows install is  up to date

I'm running the 22.6.1 drivers right now without issue under Windows 11

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Windows 10 doesn't have a 22.6.1 yet

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I'm only having a few issues here and there but the last 22.5.2 update has a lot of people having issues. I have the May revision but they re-released 22.5.2 earlier this month and I believe that there lies the issue. There are no official June drivers for Windows 10.

0 Likes

prob

0 Likes

Вы вот серьезно? Если так подумать. почему моя старая карта 1050ti работает без всяких проблем? сам я купил rx 6600 в 03.06.2022 и 25.06.2022 СДАЛ его обратно, мне надоело мучаться с черными и зелеными экранами. И да, я испробовал все варианты решения проблемы, даже купил для этого новую материнку, уж извините, но АМД потеряли моё доверие, и я не думаю, что и другие люди должны терпеть к себе такое отношение, ведь мы все отдаем большие деньги, но в итоге просто сидим и решаем проблемы с драйверами, когда я заново удалил DDU драйверам AMD и установил Nvidia , и ни разу не было вылетов и ошибок 

how do you have 22.6.1? i have 22.5.2 on windows 11. ya on fortnite it says that there are known issues with 22.5.2 and then the game looks blurry, the resolution stretches and changes and the game is unplayable.

0 Likes

my mistake .. I thought I was running the public drivers. I beta test stuff so maybe my experience(s) are a little skewed. 

Dev Channel Windows 11, and Vanguard program with GPU drivers.. but sometimes I hop on the public GPU drivers to see how they are functioning comparatively.

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Testing.

0 Likes

Huh. Won't let me post the possible fix for the AppModel-Runtime launch process failure (for "launcherrsxruntime.exe").

Weird.

0 Likes

Must be a filter problem, with the file paths or post length. Private message me if you need this possible fix, and I'll send it to you (I'll check my inbox a few times a day) until I figure out how to post it properly in this forum.

0 Likes

Here's some screenshots of Launch Process working properly now: https://imgur.com/a/BVLf7XN

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion for Fortnite and the performance issues. Please use that to provide your feedback and track future status updates.
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/fortnite-fps-drops-using-dx11-and-performance-mode/m-p...
0 Likes