cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AMD 20.2.2 color bug.

When I open a full-screen game and I edit the colors within the driver by pressing ALT+R and then I quit that game, the colors remain the same on the desktop as if it would still be in that respective game. Previously it would just revert back to the original colors I've had on desktop and automatically switch to the colors I chosen for that respective full-screen app. Is there a fix for this? 

//update : I've already tried to reinstall the driver multiple times and deleted the AMD folders from C Drive and checked to delete old registry entries from DDU.

16 Replies

Apparently the driver 19.12.1 seems to have done the job (i don't know if its gonna last). How comes that an older driver is better than a new one? I still want to use the newer driver but I can't until this bug is fixed or atleast there IS a fix for that. until then ima stay on this one.. 

UP

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

This is perfectly normal. Because the driver adjusts the colors for the display, not the game. The GPU drivers do not support custom color selection for only games.

0 Likes

That's the problem. The driver DOES NOT ajust the color for the display. When I adjust my colors for the game and then I quit it, the colors stay THE SAME. I still have the same colors I had when I was playing and this is not normal.

0 Likes

Do not use overlay. Just run Radeon Software and apply color changes. And then go to the game. Probably, color change will be applied. If overlay fails to perform the necessary operations, this problem is a software problem not a driver problem. 

0 Likes

I tried it from both the software and overlay. It just doesn't work. 

this makes no sense. so why there is a option to set custom color for every game profile? natural expected outcome should be modified colors for one game only and it should be restored to global setting when game app is closed.

This is exactly what my problem is and it used to work on the older drivers (pretty much every single one of them before adr 2020)

I can't speak to the current driver as I have never used it. I however knew what you are talking about because I had run into this in a previous driver that did later get fixed. At that time you could also fix it by running DDU and returning to an earlier driver that worked. The best thing you all can do is REPORT IT TO AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

mickeekung
Challenger

Please update to version 20.3.1. It may fix.

0 Likes

Already did and yet no succes.  AMD struggles on drivers man..

0 Likes

AMD tends to use more than one fork of the drivers meaning they fix something, then use another fork to fix a different problem then release it without having fixed issues that had been fixe in another fork. I don't know why they do this but it happens way more than it should.

You need to let AMD know and tell them what driver worked as well as what did not. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

whitesnake76
Adept II

DO NOT USE DDU ON AMD SYSTEMS, if you want problems thats the way to get them.

It also affect register/files that are for the AMD Motherboard and CPU.

Only use it if you got an nVidia card to delete the remaining parts of the nVidia driver.

Use this tool from AMD instead: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

0 Likes

What issues have you had? Even the AMD techs suggest DDU. Never had an issue myself did a quick google search and that had nobody complaining about it with AMD either. Never seen anyone else complain about it in these forums either. 

DDU is generally less invasive than the AMD Clean Up utility or the Clean Install option as both of those delete all related software such as custom settings and game profiles, DDU does not. Many users spend a lot of time setting up custom game profiles. DDU does not delete these.

So while the AMD option certainly should work, I would not use it as a first option, as you can always run the AMD utility if DDU doesn't work. I however have never run into that. 

I can say that if you don't follow the instructions and run DDU as you are supposed to that yes it can leave entries that should have been deleted. However run it from safe mode and leave the internet disconnected when re-installing the driver and things should go very smooth. 

Obviously the OP can use whatever option they like. 

now suddenly the AMD control panel doesn't automatically run on start-up.. it was just fine till now. I haven't done anything to it. Haven't even opened it since this topic. lol 

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

Roll it back.

Set your driver to default

Uninstall your driver an install this one.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

0 Likes