cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

boscar
Adept II

AMD 18.12.2 costantly wanting to update to 18.12.2

I have AMD 18.12.2 installed and everytime I startmy pc and while using it, it is saying there is an update available, the update is 18.12.2 yes its asking me to install thesame update I just clean installed 10 minutes ago.

Im not new to installing drivers and alway do a clean install using amdUninstaller and DDU in safemode.

This is really annoying.

0 Likes
5 Replies

It's not really a bug, it's an advisory of the current whql driver(for those that only use whql).

Has been there for some time, e.g. if you install 18.12.3 it will show 18.12.2 as new recommended.

The wording should probably be changed to make it clearer/stop confusion.

Ignore it, and/or turn off notifications.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

boscar wrote:

I have AMD 18.12.2 installed and everytime I startmy pc and while using it, it is saying there is an update available, the update is 18.12.2 yes its asking me to install thesame update I just clean installed 10 minutes ago.

Im not new to installing drivers and alway do a clean install using amdUninstaller and DDU in safemode.

This is really annoying.

that is because 18.12.3 has been available for the last 3 weeks

0 Likes
lyrella
Journeyman III

I am having this same issue AND have installed 18.12.3. Now my computer is slow as crap while having installed it all where destiny 2 now wont play on medium graphics without a crap load of lag and it atill shows I need to install 18.2.2 and 18.12.3

0 Likes
lonegamer77
Adept I

Had I known that a topic like this already existed then I wouldn't have made a similar one. Though I must say that in the end I just had to revert back to driver 18.3.1 because these Adrenaline 2019 edition drivers (18.12.2 & 18.12.3 optional) seems to cause my PC to hang when trying to browse certain site and stream videos in others and even when I tried to play local video files on my PC.

It also cause my monitor to take longer than usual to enter standby when idle (3-5 seconds) and waking up the monitor was taking as much as 6 seconds. Anyway, when I reverted back to 18.3.1 all of those issues I was experiencing when away which leads me to believe that the 2019 AMD drivers are too buggy to use right now.....sorry if this is a bit off topic.

0 Likes