cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eryxx
Newcomer

Re: AMD 15.7 Drivers will not install successfully

This approach actually worked, well, mostly.

The 15.7 drivers did finally install by going through Device Manager, and CCC now states the active driver is 15.7, as well. The only "glitch" is I run a 3rd party gaming app (Raptr) that monitors your GPU drivers for available updates. It now states my graphics cards are not compatible with automatic updates, but that is not a big deal. Hopefully the next AMD driver release will correct this issue.

Thanks again, nielsvds, for the great suggestion. Good luck to everyone else who is having issues with these drivers!

0 Likes
meow81
Journeyman III

I had the same procedure and i don't have that glitch/issue, raptr states the right updated driver 15.7 as should be.

i have amd vtx3d hd7750 1gb gddr5  dx11, windows 7 sp1 x64, phenom 2 x2 550 cpu.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Your laptop problem is totally different than this issue. This is for desktop cards. Start a new thread and you will get some assistance. Maybe.

0 Likes
meow81
Journeyman III

thank you

0 Likes
hendlton
Adept I

I have the exact same problem except when I go to the Device Manager to install the drivers, it says "the style of inf is different than what was requested" and I can't do anything after that except close the window.

0 Likes
bokerkebo
Adept I

in my case, i dont find the display adapter thing. but i find video controlloer (vga compatible) under other devices. i tried what you said, but it says "windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your devices". what should i do ?

0 Likes