cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AMD 15.6 Beta driver not working for Batman: Arkham Knight

So I played last night with the current AMD driver (14.12) and the game was running fine (~30 fps, not the best but playable).

Today, I heard the beta drivers were out, so I updated. Loaded the game and this happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq-_tmoq3RY

I rolled back to the previous drivers and it's working fine again. For some reason, the beta drivers don't like me, but a lot of other users are reporting success with the new drivers. Any ideas what's wrong with me?

Specs:

Windows 8.1 x64

Intel i5 2500 3.30 Ghz

16GB DDR3 RAM

2048MB AMD Radeon HD 6900

I know the 6900 is below the minimum specs, but the beta drivers say they support the 6900 AND Arkham Knight is running fine on the 6900 on the 14.12 drivers. My problems only occurred after I updated to the new beta drivers. Again, working fine now that I rolled back, but would still like to get the beta drivers working.

Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: AMD 15.6 Beta driver not working for Batman: Arkham Knight

You have to remove the previous driver before installing beta drivers.

Installing newer drivers on top of older ones usually only works when installing non-beta drivers.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yeah, I did that. I uninstalled the old driver following the directions on the beta driver page. It was completely removed before I installed the beta driver.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

download drivers for windows7 64bit because when you download for win 8.1 rally you get win 7 64bit drives amd fail

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

All the driver link issues have been resolved.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

I didn't know AMD made a HD6900 card. Is this a laptop?

edit: Or do you mean the HD6900 SERIES?

HD 6400

HD 6500

HD 6700

HD 6800

HD 6850

HD 6950

HD 6970

There is quite a lot of difference playing a game between the 6970 and the 6400.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with my MSI 6970 Lightning. AMD Catalyst 15.6

I make:

- Remove Drivers

- Use Driver Swepper to remove all all graphics drivers amd

- Install AMD C 15.6

The result:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2w71x0j.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/96bz0p.jpg

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately the game developers say they require a Radeon HD 7950 or higher to run this game.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The 6970 can handle the game.It has the same power or more than 7970, even if a previous series. I run the game at 30fps.

In addition to the requirements of the games always come uploads (especially if the change 24 hours before to be on the safe).

There are several R9 290x with the same problems as us. I imagine it will be problem drivers or game.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

They said that, yeah, but the game is working fine on my Radeon HD 6950 - but only with the old 14.12 driver. The problem only occurred when I uninstalled the old driver and installed the 15.6 beta driver. It's working again now that I uninstalled the beta driver and re-installed the 14.12 driver.

I'm enjoying the game, no complaints, I just thought it was odd the game runs fine on the old driver and not the new beta driver.

0 Kudos