cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bnorr
Journeyman III

Alt+Tab Freezes Display

I recently purchased a PC (Radeon RX 6600XT & Ryzen 5 5600G) and overall things are fine. However, if I am playing a game and listening to a video or audio and alt+tab out of the game (in borderless windowed mode) to adjust the video - the entire display just freezes. The game and audio of the browser continue to play and I can interact with the browser (i.e. when I scroll, then the display unfreezes I am then at the bottom of the page despite not seeing anything as I interact). My previous PC had weaker specs and could do this with no problem so I'm not entirely sure what's going on - but I was hoping someone would at least have some troubleshooting for me to attempt to hopefully combat this.

5 Replies
Noff
Journeyman III

That is exactly what happens to me, i have a ryzen 5 3400g, when i am playing and press alt+tab sometimes my pc freezes, i still listen to my friends on discord but i cant do anything i can only reboot and reinstall the drivers

DHim1
Journeyman III

Facing a simillar issue with a multiple display setup.
I'm having random freezes on the main laptop display, but any audio from the app is transmitting fine.
I can even move the window from the frozen display to the secondary one (win key + arrows) and it's responding fine.

0 Likes
Einsten01
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue, I have an i7 10700k and a brand new rx 6600 and when I open a game or a video in youtube the whole screen just lag out of nowhere, the vram is ok, the ussage is ok, everything is ok apart of that issue, idk what is it, i'm using new drivers too. Help please

0 Likes
dmos
Journeyman III

Same to me. my pc freezes when minimizing the game, this affects all components, mouse, sound, and so on. asus 6600xt , 9700kf

0 Likes
KyounLord
Journeyman III

I recently built a system here with a Kingston 1tb SSD, Ryzen 5 5600G, two Kingston KF3200C16D4/8GX memories, an ASUSTeK TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS mainboard that came with the Ryzen kit plus mainboard. I have updated drivers directly from the ASUS and AMD pages, with the latest original Windows 10 update, with the Adrenalin Edition software installed. The memories are configured in the BIOS for automatic frequency adjustment, the bios chose 2400mhz.
The BIOS version of this asus b550m-plus is 3205 2023/09/04, the latest is 3404 Version 3404 16.11 MB 2023/10/30.
And then what happens: Sometimes, when I press ALT + TAB in a browser game or for any other task, everything freezes, absolutely everything, the image freezes and then just using the Power button. Several times it was an old, light game. Windows still responds via indirect command over Ethernet, but it still hangs.
What can I do? What could this problem be? Will I need to update the bios or is it another factor?

Sincerely,

0 Likes