cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

All Radeon Boost options missing in Adrenalin 2020 21.3.2 Driver. Windows 10.

All Radeon Boost options missing in Adrenalin 2020 21.3.2 Driver. Windows 10.

Someone suggested I try the latest version of Radeon Boost on Shadow of the Tomb Raider. 
I understand that Variable Rate Shading is only available with Radeon Boost for RX6000 series GPU on a few games.

However Radeon Boost used to be available and work for my RX Vega 64 Liquid before. 
I have tested it.
Now Radeon Boost is completely missing from the driver options for anything. 

Have AMD now gone and removed Radeon Boost for all GPU prior to RX6000XT series?

Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Problem was the systems I tested on had a range of AMD GPUs connected and a GUI/UI BUG.  

In one instance RX Vega 64 Liquid primary and R9 390X connected via a PCIe2.0-PCIex16 adapter.

It looks like Radeon Settings detects the R9 390x and switches of Radeon Boost for all GPUs when the PC boots up. 

If I use device manager to disable R9390x and kill and restart Radeon Settings, the Radeon Boost menu appears for the RX Vega 64 Liquid.

If I then re-enable the R9 390X it appears in the GUI UI , it has no Radeon Boost option, but the RX Vega 64 Liquid still does have the Radeon Boost menu option. 

This is a GUI/UI Bug in cases where GPU with & without Radeon Boost support are mixed on one PC. 

Workaround given. 

Bug needs fixed in the GUI/UI. 

Radeon Boost is only supported and available on GPU from RX400 series up, as far as I know. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Radeon Boost has been removed for all of my Radeon GPUs on Adrenalin 2020 21.3.1 and 2020 21.3.2. on different PCs on Windows 10 and 7 for AMD GPU from R9 280x -> RX5700XT. 

It is gone for those GPU.  

0 Likes
MisterE
Adept II

Just curious, did you upgrade or perform a clean install?

I see the option available for Radeon Boost in my 5600XT/Ryzen 3600x system.

I will check my other system with a 5700XT card...

Thanks. 

Clean install for all cases.

0 Likes

Problem was the systems I tested on had a range of AMD GPUs connected and a GUI/UI BUG.  

In one instance RX Vega 64 Liquid primary and R9 390X connected via a PCIe2.0-PCIex16 adapter.

It looks like Radeon Settings detects the R9 390x and switches of Radeon Boost for all GPUs when the PC boots up. 

If I use device manager to disable R9390x and kill and restart Radeon Settings, the Radeon Boost menu appears for the RX Vega 64 Liquid.

If I then re-enable the R9 390X it appears in the GUI UI , it has no Radeon Boost option, but the RX Vega 64 Liquid still does have the Radeon Boost menu option. 

This is a GUI/UI Bug in cases where GPU with & without Radeon Boost support are mixed on one PC. 

Workaround given. 

Bug needs fixed in the GUI/UI. 

Radeon Boost is only supported and available on GPU from RX400 series up, as far as I know. 

0 Likes