cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

adamthemute
Journeyman III

All I wanted was to update...Dual Graphics Issues

So my specs aren't great, but they worked. When I try to update via the current AMD program, it doesn't work because my specs are considered Legacy. I have Radeon HD 8670D + R7 200 Dual Graphics.

Using Radeon Crimson Relive 16.2.1, it doesn't allow me to open the program stating: "No AMD graphic driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.", which is weird, because during installation is said it installed drivers. At one point it actually worked and said that I was using AMD R7 200. Now, it doesn't even open and gives me that error.

Now running Catalyst 15.7.1 (which is what I used before), it doesn't have the options it used to have (only has Presets/Audio/Info). My Radeon HD 8670D is in the device manager, but what's being used now is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Catalyst doesn't even have the enable dual graphics page. I used DDU in safe mode to uninstall.

Long story short, the Radeon HD 8670D is in Device Manager and working, but not being used (Microsoft Basic Display is), my R7 200 is no longer detected at all. Just yesterday in dxdiag it said "Radeon HD 8670D + R7 200 Dual Graphics" were being used, with Catalyst Control Center.

I'm not very versed in this, I just want it back to what it was yesterday lol.

0 Likes
1 Reply
adamthemute
Journeyman III

I also found this thread with my same problems basically: The problem with dual graphics.

Guy has same specs as me, I followed these steps and this is where I'm at now.

0 Likes