cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

majornut1967
Journeyman III

All games crashing because of Wattman man errors.

I have an ASRock Rx 570 which is crashing in all games and after recovery gives an error message that "Wattman was a reset" I'm running a  Rysen 2200G and a gigabyte motherboard, with 16 GB of DDR 4. What's funny is it only crashes in games if you do synthetic benchmarks or stress tests it never crashes.

0 Likes
4 Replies

It doesn't crash during stress test, etc. because it ignores the changes in settings you have made. If you ran Furmark, which does use the Wattman settings you have chosen...chances are it would crash straight away.

Delete, not disable, any third party graphics controller from your computer. Afterburner, Trixx, Asus, etc. Revo (free) uninstaller is good for this. They can conflict with AMD/Wattman settings and controls.

Clean install the latest driver again.

In the game profile..set the (read >) power Limit to +50 (slider all the way to the right) or the highest + value. Click apply at the top of the page. Leave everything else at default.

0 Likes

Okay little update. I tried all your suggestions and continue to have the same problems, so I did something drastic. I had a gigabyte 970 motherboard and FX 8300 processor and about 8 GB of memory. Did a fresh install of Windows 7 professional, did a fresh install of the latest AMD adrenaline drivers and everything works perfectly! I haven't had one crash after playing for hours on the machine. So I'm concerned that either I have a bad Rysen 3 2200G CPU, or a bad gigabyte AB 350 motherboard or perhaps bad memory installe(DDR 4). By the way I'm running older games like "rainbow six siege, COD modern warfare 2, COD modern warfare 3 and I'm also running a modern game COD Infinite Wars which was also crashing!"

0 Likes

. Were you using Windows 10? 

Those are some of my favorite games...I like the coop

0 Likes

Yes I was using Windows 10 on the new budget gamer, because the Rysen won't load with Windows 7. I tried all the different methods to get it to install Windows 7 on the Rysen 3, "NO LUCK"! But running this old FX 8300 Vishera with the new ASRock RX 570, I ended up with great results. Very disappointed that AMD and Intel are making it so you can only install Windows 10 on their new processors, I'm even more disappointed that I have to figure out the issue with the motherboard or the CPU.

PS Thank you for your help!

0 Likes