cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jmo
Journeyman III

Alienware AW2521HF | 5700xt

Call of Duty Modern Wafare, Warzone and Multiplayer. I get a black screen reappearing every 5-10 seconds or whenever it feels like it. My computer doesn't actually crash and such it just goes back and forth.  I cant figure why it does this on this latest version 20.8.3.   But I don't have this issue with Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2.

But I still have issues with Warzone even with the driver that is stable 20.4.2.  I have to change the Video Memory Scale  value in the call of duty folder to 0.55. Default for me was 0.85, i believe, before I changed it.  That problem with stuttering/rubberbanding every 5 seonds or so always i have had I think.  I've tried so my different drivers in the past nothing is solid for me.   

I have the latest Bios for my Motherboard and 3700x chipset update and Monitor Driver.    

0 Likes
1 Reply
peterq94
Adept III

This looks like problem with FreeSync. Did you tried turn off FreeSync? I heard that AW2521HF have problem with black screen issue on NVIDIA with G-Sync Compatible turned on. I wanted to buy AW2521HF but this problem is too enough for me to not buying this. Did you have problem with AW2521HF with FreeSync before update drivers?

Now I would like to buy cheaper monitor from Dell S2421HGF but I am little scary about FreeSync issues.

0 Likes