cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andre
Adept II

After upgrade to 21.2.1 and 21.2.2 strange behaviour (question)

Howdy,

I'm having some serious issues with graphics. Since I got a weird glitch playing that ended in a system crash. After doing a workaround, after the problem persists and pc behave stangely, somehow I've found that I needed to update my BIOS (latest release) and also I did update to Radeon 21.2.1 (i've noticed that the release date of the bios was the day I've started to have problems). Somehow the problem minimized but it was still there, from nothing my computer frozen completely.

I did a "validate" gamefiles (playing tom clancy Division 2) and I've found that direct X wasn't working or was reinstalling. so the "validate" gamefiles fixed that.

I have received the msg to the new version Radeon 21.2.2, so instead of upgrading. I did a DDU and installed Radeon 21.2.2 from scratch.

I've tested Red Dead Redemption 2 (also received an update) and the game was completely unplayable, an insane amount of visual lag with no justification about hardware whatsoever.

I realize that "validate" gamefiles on RDR2 was also an issue and the game launcher reported that installed "direct X" (again!) and also Vulkan (i'm so **bleep** confused).

There wasn't a single change on the game. So I've checked the game config. It was selected to work with Vulkan, I've switched to Direct X 12 and the game returned to stable.

I've check on Add and remove programs and I don't see any Vulkan (?) (but the game reported that it was installed).
Also looking my windows event log I have a freaking amount of error logs reporting to;

ReaderCompletionUnknownMsgType

this the moment (hour/minute that I installed the Radeon 21.2.2) I'm Clueless

Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core (3.6GHz-4.4GH
Motherboard ASUS AMD X470 SK AM4 4DDR4/1XDVI/1XHDM
MEM 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP HYPERX PREDATO
ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMING
4 X SSD 2.5" Samsung 860 Evo 250GB MLC V-NAND SATA
Windows 10 Pro - 20H2 (comp 19042.804) - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

My questions:
What I can do more? I'm completely lost in this
I've read that my spec (AMD) should have Vulkan (installed or working) somehow on RDR2 doen't work at all. Mess up a lot.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Fixed enabling DX12 ty 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MikelZorEl
Adept I

Hello, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 to install my new RX 6900 XT. Once installed and configured, I have noticed that on Red Demtiom 2 while gaming, I see blinking black and white stripes in the upper left corner of the screen. I have tried to re-install drivers with DDU and put the stock profile on the graph and it remains the same. (It only happens to me in that game

(Same problem in RD2)

it's not the same problem. My problem affects more games than RDR2 and my symptom is a complete graphics freeze. Maybe you could try what I did.

- Reset shader cache on Radeon app
- Try to turn on and off the Freesync and test both ways.
- double check with attention to game settings (in my case, as describe somehow the RDR2 update changed my graphic settings to Vulkan, Why I've started this post, only works more stable in DirectX 12)
- Use the check game files integrity on rockstar launcher (probably it will fix direct x as well)

0 Likes

Fixed enabling DX12 ty 

somehow, this was my solution.

So far Directx 12 it's working normally. But mean while I did another DDU and reinstalled all (radeon, new AMD BIOS and also checked the dxgiag). All returned to normal.

Thanks buddy,

0 Likes