cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

a_aramini
Journeyman III

After updating RAIDXpert2 & RAID drivers, no longer a tray icon in windows notification area

Hello,

I was running RAIDXpert2 v 9.3.0-00038. I recently updated using the driver package on AMD site v2.17.05.2306. That bundle installs RAIDXpert2 v9.3.0-00266 and RAID driver version 9.3.0.266. It installed the AMD-RAID Bottom Device and AMD-RAID Controller [storport].

On the last version, there would be a RAIDXpert2 tray icon and I could right-click it to either:

1. Open the software (in non-administrator mode)

2. View a quick status of the RAID Arrays

3. View Messages

With the new version, there doesn't seem to be a tray application that runs when Windows starts.

Other than that, the software & drivers seem to be working fine.

In my BIOS I have the SATA ports set to RAID mode. NVME RAID is set to disabled (because I don't want the NVME drives in RAID or even to be detected by RAIDXpert2).

My drive configuration is:

• 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVME SSD (not in RAID)

• 2x Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SATA SSD (RAID1 Array 1)

• 2x Hitachi HDS721010CLA332/HDS721010CLA330 7200K SATA 3.0Gb/s Mechanical Drives (RAID1 Array 2)

As I said, everything appears to be working normally. But how do I know if the arrays are being monitored? I now have to open the software every time to check the status? Where will I see an alert or message if there is a problem with one of the drives or arrays? Is this just how this latest version works? I wish I could have the tray icon back.

Anyone know what's up with this? Any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This functionality was removed due to a bug which is under investigation. We may reintroduce the feature in future versions. 

If you wish to continue using the older driver that contains this feature, you can continue to do so. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This functionality was removed due to a bug which is under investigation. We may reintroduce the feature in future versions. 

If you wish to continue using the older driver that contains this feature, you can continue to do so. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Can I leave the driver at 9.3.0.266 but just downgrade the RAIDXpert2 software utility to version 9.3.0.38? Or do the versions of the RAID drivers and RAIDXpert2 utility have to match?

0 Likes

You should match them.
0 Likes