deepforest
Adept III

Re: after update to 20.11.3 Blender does not render objects

Still no any news about fix?

0 Kudos
cgcartist
Adept II

I received an update today from AMD technical support.  The tech stated again that the "driver team" at AMD is aware of the problem.  He also speculated that the Blender developers may need to create a patch to the Blender software.  Wait and see.

For now, 20.10.1 works perfectly.  

Mysticreach
Adept II

Hey cgcartist, Im curious if 20.11.1 will fix your issue? Many people with 5000x series cards have had issues with drivers from 20.11.2 to the current driver of 20.12.1. 

Asus B450-I 2700x GSkill Trident Z 16GB 3200 CL16 XFX 5700 DD Ultra
0 Kudos
cgcartist
Adept II

Since all my problems began with 20.11.2 it is likely that 20.11.1 would work.  I don't recall but that probably was the driver version I was using at the time.  I reverted to  20.10.1 over a month ago because when I searched for legacy drivers it was shown in the list.  For some reason 20.11.1 was not on the list at that time (It is now).  

For now I am staying with 20.10.1 because it works fine in Blender and in Photoshop which are my main two programs. Will see what happens with the next driver update.  As I mentioned in a previous post the possibility exists that Blender may need some kind of patch .  A few users in the Blender Community have also reported this problem.  But I do not know if the Blender developers are involved at this time.

For now everything works fine.

I will continue to post any updates I received from AMD or Blender.

deepforest
Adept III

Why Blender team must fix AMD driver problems?

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

They shouldn't.
They should be working closely with support from AMD to make sure people like me do not go out, buy RX590 for use as blender accelerators only to find out they cannot even complete basic blender benchmark tests. 
Blender should be part of AMD Driver release QA test suite. 

0 Kudos
Paynamia
Adept I

Blender may need to patch this? That's ridiculous. That's beyond ridiculous! AMD introduces a problem, then says others have to work around it? What about all the versions of blender that are totally out of development? Every version of blender between 2.79 and 2.83 would be unusable on AMD devices, along with all the plugins that haven't been updated.

With responses like that, it's really starting to sound like time to get a NVidia card.

0 Kudos
gkrem
Journeyman III

yeah shame with me it looks like it happent with onlt the rx 400 and 500 cards i have a rx 480 8gb and nothing is rendering in eevee just a weird artifact i hope they fix it for now i just i have to send my blenders files to a firend if i want to render them 

0 Kudos
heyider
Adept I

It seems that Blender released a fix in version 2.92 (daily build), it is probably not the final solution, as I think it will need a driver update.

Link:
https://builder.blender.org/download/

Maniphest:

https://developer.blender.org/T82856

Edit: It seems to work well (tested on the Rx580).
Edit 2: The wireframe has not yet been fixed.