Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

marcus_011
Journeyman III

After update BIOS (motherboard MSI Tomahawk MAX) not working AMD Ryzen Master

Hello everyone.

AMD Ryzen Master has stopped booting after the BIOS update (Version bios 7C02v34). My motherboard is MSI Tomahawk MAX.  Processor Ryzen 2700x (but it probably doesn't matter which processor :/ )

How can I fix it they do not return to the previous version of BIOS?

0 Likes
7 Replies

You can try the newest BIOS

Or flash back to the previous one

As that motherboard supports BIOS flashing without booting

0 Likes

two other Users here at AMD Forums have also opened threads concerning Ryzen Master not opening or working right after a BIOS update.

Ryzen Master (Not Responding) 

https://community.amd.com/thread/245567 

There is a new version of Ryzen Master available so try that one and see if that is more satisfactory.

I tried it and it works with Windows 10 version 1909 on my X570-A PRO fine with the latest BIOS

Heeeey looks like I'm not alone. Sucks you are going through the same mess, hope you find a solution.

For anyone interested, I am running a MSI Bazooka V2 b450, with latest P.90 (11/11/19) BIOS with a Ryzen 5 2600. Entire build is approx 40 days old. Can confirm that Ryzen Master issues started after the update.

I also have an Insider Preview version of Windows 10 (1905.vb), however issues started on 1905. Since I haven't got a single response here or from Reddit, I am expecting one of those two things is the culprit.

0 Likes
anomalus_a
Journeyman III

Same issue, updated bios, and when turning on pc, on MSI Cabon gaming pro motherboard boot stops on CPU led light, after i press restart button, it boots normally. Tryed to set back previous bios versions, but now on that versions (set back about 5 bios versions) is same problem! Took out CMOS battery, but issue didn't gone, all the same! Please help, what to do?

And after bios update RAM doesn't run on 3200mhz, max is 3066, after it bluescreens (same now with previous BIOS versions too)!

My system: Ryzen 2700x, X470 MSI Gaming pro carbon, 4x8gb FlareX 3200Mhz ram, 5700XT Red devil.

0 Likes
stevae
Journeyman III

Yeah, I have almost the same situation. I am using a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master mobo, 3900X, Gskill TridentZ Neo 3600mhz DDR4, and on the latest Win 10 Pro insider preview 19041. Ryzen Master was working fine on this build, but when I updated the bios, it would not work again. I get the message that RM didn't initialize, and to reload the program. AMD needs to get this fixed. This is crap!!!

0 Likes

I have not used Gigabyte for a while but see if you can update the BIOS from the UEFI. MSI forces that route so I keep a USB stick handy in case a new BIOS is released.

0 Likes