cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

qqqq
Journeyman III

Re: After the 18.4.1 and 18.5.1 updates i can't choose 1400x1050 resolution on cs go

Just try to roll back to 18.3.4 and report this to AMD maybe they would add it back in next version

0 Likes
atlasminor
Challenger

Re: After the 18.4.1 and 18.5.1 updates i can't choose 1400x1050 resolution on cs go

My best guess is MS broke the Presentation Mode (Windows Key + P) 1803, like completely, this will be controled by a app called DisplaySwitch.exe located in your Win/system32 Folder. You will also find dpiscaling Digimonutl, and all things monitor related there. The TrustedInstaller is probably the owner , or a random default user, sometimes in win10 caller unknownUser123.xxx.xxx..xx is generated ....

Anyways head down there and take a look, ill bet not even a folder icon is associated to it. Reassign that and anything else you can think of to Full Permissions Trusted Applications and System, and assign ownership to SYSTEM.

If you run into trouble with that or not to puter savy let me know, i can walk you through a easy way.

0 Likes
kahless_uk
Elite

Ok cracked it. Going into custom resolutions set timing standard to "CVT- Reduced Blanking" instead of "manual" and it allowed the creation of 1400x1050 as a custom resolution I can now use

0 Likes
bs96
Journeyman III

it gives me the out of range error when i select it ingame

0 Likes