cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bs96
Journeyman III

After the 18.4.1 and 18.5.1 updates i can't choose 1400x1050 resolution on cs go

In 18.3.4 i was able to choose 1400x1050 resolution but after the last two update there is no such option.I tried to create custom resolution but when i choose it in game it gives me out of range error. My gpu is r9 380 btw

0 Likes
13 Replies

Do you have VSR and GPU scaling enabled? Fullscreen?

What monitor? What is the native resolution?

0 Likes

vsr and gpu scaling are disabled.My monitor is benq xl2411 it's native resolution is 1920x1080.The thing is when i revert the driver to 18.3.4 i can still play with that resolution so it is definitely a driver problem.

0 Likes

Try ​enabling​ VSR and GPU scaling...this gives you more resolutions to choose from.

0 Likes

it didn't help.

0 Likes

Same problem different game, the resolution 1400x1050 has also vanished from windows display properties and the driver will not allow it as a custom resolution. trying to force it in cfgs in some older games results in those games running at 640x480

0 Likes
dreamager
Adept III

I'm unsure whether this would count as an error in the new driver, or a correction with the new driver. Seeing as you mention your display is 16:9, it wouldn't be able to display a 4:3 resolution properly anyway. The fact that it was an option previously could be the error, and it has now been fixed so that it no longer displays an incorrect resolution option?

0 Likes

Given that 1400x1050 is the only 4x3 resolution to have disappeared this is unlikely (640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 for example are all still selectable). besides which 16.9 displays have always supported 4x3 resolutions either by stretching or with black borders.

0 Likes

Almost all the 4x3 resolutions are gone now, the highest available one for me is 1152x864, even 1280x960 is gone, the 5x4 res 1280x1024 is still there but basically useless

0 Likes

My best guess is MS broke the Presentation Mode (Windows Key + P) 1803, like completely, this will be controled by a app called DisplaySwitch.exe located in your Win/system32 Folder. You will also find dpiscaling Digimonutl, and all things monitor related there. The TrustedInstaller is probably the owner , or a random default user, sometimes in win10 caller unknownUser123.xxx.xxx..xx is generated ....

Anyways head down there and take a look, ill bet not even a folder icon is associated to it. Reassign that and anything else you can think of to Full Permissions Trusted Applications and System, and assign ownership to SYSTEM.

If you run into trouble with that or not to puter savy let me know, i can walk you through a easy way.

0 Likes
qqqq
Journeyman III

I play 4:3 stretched and found that 1280x960 disappeared as a option in game XD

0 Likes
qqqq
Journeyman III

Just try to roll back to 18.3.4 and report this to AMD maybe they would add it back in next version

0 Likes

Ok cracked it. Going into custom resolutions set timing standard to "CVT- Reduced Blanking" instead of "manual" and it allowed the creation of 1400x1050 as a custom resolution I can now use

0 Likes

it gives me the out of range error when i select it ingame

0 Likes