cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brt
Adept I

After sleep mode graphics are not responding/freezing

I've been sitting on Windows 10 LTSB 1607 for a long time with no problems.

I've noticed that there is a new Windows LTSC version 1809 (which is not a preview and is a release) so I decided to upgrade. Everyting went smooth, but there started strange things happening after wake up from sleep mode: any GPU intensive applications hang and it looks like they restart the graphics stack. It can be noticed in browser, viewing any embedded video, any video played in MPC-HC. If you reboot, everyting works OK until computer sleeps.

Also the whole system becomes sluggish, screen change with Win+P becomes very slow and unresponsive. This goes only for the latest drivers (18.12.2 or 18.12.3), I've installed 17.7.2 - the problem is not present. I don't know from which driver version it started from, since it worked ok on latest drivers with Win10 1607.

Also I've noticed im MSI afterburner, that the GPU clock and memory frequency get set very low for some reason (500 core and 300 mem while it should be 972 on 1250 respectively).

So about the config (while its clearly a software problem):

AMD Graphics Card
MSI R9 280 3G
Desktop or Laptop System
Desktop
Operating System
Windows 10 64bit LTSC 1809
Driver version installed
Latest WHQL (?) 18.12.2 or 18.12.3 beta (tried both)
Display Devices
Monitor via DVI and TV via HDMI.
Motherboard + Bios Revision
MSI FXA990 Gaming, BIOS - latest available.
CPU/APU
AMD FX8350
Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
Cooler master 520w
RAM
8 GB ram

So for me its clearly a bug in the latest drivers that has to be fixed which I wanted to report to the driver team.

14 Replies