cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elektpi4ka
Adept II

After installing radeon software, the video card heats up more (MSI RX 5500 XT 8GB GAMING X)

All of the fractional time of day. Such a question, if I do not install Radeon software, the temperature of the video card is kept at about 36 temp. But after installation, the temperature is kept at about 50 temp. What could it be, and how do I install Radeon software correctly?
There is another problem. If I turn on any simple game like phase-phobia, the video card heats up to 70 temp for no reason, and the coolers spin at 2700 rpm. I don't know what to do

0 Likes
1 Solution

Can you see this difference between two versions of the Adrenalin?

power 7 W in idle.pngpower 30 W in idle.png

Can you send me the consumption of your graphics card in idle?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
highend2015
Adept I

Hello, I have the same problem, high temperature in idle (RX 5700 XT), problem is starting from Adrenalin 20.11.2 to Adrenalin 21.5.1. Try to install version 20.10.1, this Adrenalin get temperature down. Miroslav, Slovakia

0 Likes

I will try .... Thanks

0 Likes
highend2015
Adept I

Hi, I have the same problem on my RX 5700 XT card. I think that's what causes drivers to adrenaline from 20.11.2 to 21.5.1. Try to use version 20.10.1, temperatures will drop down.

0 Likes

It's getting worse

0 Likes

Make analyse your graphics card in idle by MSI AfterBurner, example like me:

20.10.1.png

0 Likes

None of this worked. But when I took it to the service center, they said that it did not get very hot. No defects were found. I don’t know what to do. I just don't understand why, due to simple games, the video card heats up to 70 degrees, and the coolers run up to 3000 rpm ...

0 Likes

Can you see this difference between two versions of the Adrenalin?

power 7 W in idle.pngpower 30 W in idle.png

Can you send me the consumption of your graphics card in idle?

0 Likes

I will not be able to verify this now. As soon as I get home, I'll take a look

0 Likes

ssssssss.png

0 Likes

This with standard driver, without amd softwarezxczzxc.png

0 Likes

Use clean uninstall by DDU in Safe Mode and then install Adrenalin 20.10.1

Send me screenshot MSI AfterBurner.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-20-10-1-driver-download.html

0 Likes

Amd cleanup utility dont work, just stay background processes and dont work. I use DDU for removing amd driver. And yeah, video card heats up less with old version Adrenalin. Does this mean that I can't update to the latest version Adrenalin? This is ridiculous.easdqqq.png

0 Likes

The heating of the graphics card started from adrenalin 20.11.2 and still until 21.5.2

Next month will be version 21.6.1 and when the consumption will be higher in idle, it is necessary to return to 20.10.1

I believe that AMD technicians will fix this bug. Now your card consumes 3 W, it's OK.

Good luck in the games with old adrenalin!

0 Likes

Thanks

0 Likes