cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mtk
Adept I

After installing latest drivers main monitor displays "No Signal"

After i installed the latest 20.5.1 drivers my main monitor (displayport) doesnt work and only shows "No Signal", but my second monitor works fine and it automatically became my main one. Ive tried all sorts of guides online but nothing works.  Last time i updated a major driver update the same thing happened but i managed to fix it, but i dont remember which method worked. Ive tried everything i could find on the internet to solve the problem. Im sure the problem is not from the cable because it worked perfectly fine before i updated.  Any ideas ? 

8 Replies

With new versions of Windows you get bugs. This is why I never rush to install a new OS. Make sure AMD knows about your issue: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Yep i wrote an email to them earlier today, so ill just have to wait a bit to see what they will say hopefully we can resolve the issue.

Hopefully they get this fixed sooner than later. Unfortunately you can't use an old driver with the new Windows. Microsoft is really forcing changes down everyones throats and this poor end user experience is the result. 

In Windows Settings - Display, I believe, under Mutli-GPU is both your Monitors enabled?

Do Windows Settings - Display shows both monitors and is the Monitor without Signal the Main Monitor before?

Another User had a similar issue and he installed his second monitor on a different GPU Video output to get it recognized or he replaced the DP Monitor cable. I don't remember exactly at the moment.

When i go to windows display settings, when i click find monitor it just says "No second monitor was found" today i changed the cable to HDMI to DP thinking it was from the cable but to no success. The main monitor is the one without signal. I switched the main monitor to HDMI to HDMI and it worked but when i tried DP to DP or HDMI to DP it didnt work. 

mtk
Adept I

PROBLEM SOLVED (KIND OF) I switched to HDMI to HDMI and it worked! This has led me to believe that the problem might be withing the DP on the monitor. Did driver updates just fry it ?!   i have no idea maybe it was unlucky timing, but on monday i will go to the shop i bought it from, because it is still in warranty and see if they can replace it or fix it. 

At the end i had to buy a HDMI to DP cable. My main monitor is right now hooked up with HDMI to HDMI and my second one which was working perfectly fine is on HDMI to DP. 

0 Likes
kiwiengr
Journeyman III

The Bios splash screen still comes up on both of my screens, but Windows 10 comes up only on my secondary screen. The main screen goes black with a "No Input Signal" message. Both monitors are connected via HDMI to a Radeon RX 580. Can I uninstall the latest Radeon software? Or should I delete the Graphic device in the Device Manager, and refresh?

0 Likes

I solved the problem by removing the Radeon RX 580 graphics device in the Windows 10 Device Manager. Then refreshing and restarting, followed by downloading and installing the latest Radeon software from AMD. This bumped my computer from the 21.6.1 version that caused the problem, to 21.7.1. Both versions are only days apart. I have not seen any acknowledgement of the missing main monitor problem, and it is strange that the removed Radeon software told me only this morning that 21.6.1 was the latest version. Someone at AMD needs to explain what happened.

0 Likes