cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

galexo
Adept I

After instaling AMD Radeon Settings 16.3.2 it is showing me wrong graphics cards

I have Asus X550ZE Notebook , i have instaled drivers with autodetect.

My graphics cards are :AMD Radeon® R5 M230 + Radeon® R7 M265 DX Dual Graphics with 2GB DDR3 VRAM Built-in A10-7400P  (OS: Windows 10 x64 bit)

but in my device manager it shows that i have graphics AMD Radeon (TM) R6 Graphics and AMD Radeon M230 Series.

First time i instaled AMD Radeon Settings evrything was fine , but i had to reinstal becouse i coulnd not open Display Settings (always crashing).

I tried even to Update drivers with device manager but is says that is up to date.

I am out of ideas.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mikey33rs
Adept I

Re: After instaling AMD Radeon Settings 16.3.2 it is showing me wrong graphics cards

Notebooks usually have little bit different drivers then what you can find on official brand site (nVidia, AMD...) and it's recommended to download latest from notebook manufacturer (in your case Asus).

But, there are times that new drivers don't support your new OS any more (or sometimes still in development).

What I would do if I was you: download the latest drivers for desktop version of your graphics cars and Display Driver Uninstaller.

Delete any trace with this uninstaller, restart and try installing those new desktop drivers. I'm not saying it will work for sure but I did have success with this method.

Some combination of integrated and standalone graphics card in notebooks need just right driver. Once I didn't have luck until I found a unified custom driver and magically both graphics card were working like it should and games started using better one for rendering.

Let us know how it goes and if this doesn't work I will try to find solution.

mikey

0 Kudos
galexo
Adept I

Re: After instaling AMD Radeon Settings 16.3.2 it is showing me wrong graphics cards

I tried everything , i did as ... once i got to the point to see R7 in Device Manager but windows enabled it because of error. So i tried other drivers for that Graphics card but they don't seems to work . I read something about that it can do something with BIOS but i don't think that is a problem it works fine.

From my point of view i think it is causing problems because it is Dual Graphics.

When i google "

Radeon® R7 M265 DX Dual Graphics drivers

" it doesn't find any of amd sites that have that driver.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you fully uninstall all AMD drivers, install the OEM drivers provided by your manufacturer then install the latest Crimson drivers on top of the existing drivers, that should fix the name. What happens is in older OEM drivers a set of GPUs have a device id. New products get released some time later and in newer AMD drivers they get the same device id as an existing GPU. Typically these GPUs are the same, they have just been rebranded. It's nothing to worry about, your GPU or performance will not have been downgraded.

galexo
Adept I

So if i understand u correctly , it is all about name , performance is not downgraded.Will that be problem in future if i don't succeed fixing this.

What i mean this is just about the name , right?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's correct. Your GPU shares the same ID as a similar GPU from the previous generation, however it will not reduce or improve your performance.

galexo
Adept I

Tnx for all your time i need to know that is not a big problem as i thought.

Tnx to you to mikey33rs

galexo
Adept I

i don't doubt that u are wrong , but i have to report that in games i have played when i had my cards shown in  device menager with fps like 40 , but now i have fps going 5-20 . I dont know what hapend but i am up to solution that u posed

If you fully uninstall all AMD drivers, install the OEM drivers provided by your manufacturer then install the latest Crimson drivers on top of the existing drivers, that should fix the name. What happens is in older OEM drivers a set of GPUs have a device id. New products get released some time later and in newer AMD drivers they get the same device id as an existing GPU. Typically these GPUs are the same, they have just been rebranded. It's nothing to worry about, your GPU or performance will not have been downgraded.

if u give me a hand to find OEM drivers becouse i didnt had luck

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Enable the switchable graphics application monitor to determine if the discrete AMD GPU is being used correctly.

0 Kudos