Drivers & Software

Zman8984
Adept I

After AMD cleanup no signal is going to the monitor

GPU: Radeon RX 580 series

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

Memory: 16 GB

Desktop

I used the AMD cleanup utility because other methods were unsuccessful in downloading new drivers. After I selected to boot computer into safe mode, the computer restarted and there was no display (through the HDMI). Nothing shows up on the monitor, not even the BIOs. Anyone know any fixes?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The Best Buy I went to said they would need the whole computer for about 4 weeks to get it shipped so tomorrow I’m planning on bringing the computer to a local shop.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Zman8984
Adept I

I’m also not sure what version the software was on because I was previously unable to find it (by right clicking on the desktop)

0 Likes

The AMD Cleanup Utility only removes all AMD Graphics driver presence on your computer. As soon as the AMD Graphic driver was deleted from your system, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter would have been enabled giving you Video output.

Since you have no Video Output at all I suggest you physically remove your GPU Card and install it again and see if you now have video output.

Do you have a APU (Processor with Integrated Graphics) installed? If you do then see if you have video output from the Motherboard's Video ports.

Also do a CLEAR CMOS procedure to reset your BIOS back to factory default.

Restart you PC 3 times. Each time wait a few minutes before restarting. By the 3rd restart your Computer should enter automatically Windows Menu to repair your Windows installation. If not then read further.

If you have a Windows Installation on a Flash Drive or burnt to a DVD, See if you get video output if Windows Installation starts up. Then you can repair your Windows.

Unfortunately, removing and replacing the gpu didn’t give a display. My cpu doesn’t have integrated graphics. And the clear CMOS didn’t fix the display either. Also this computer is a prebuilt so I don’t have (at least yet) windows on a flash drive.

0 Likes

If it is Pre-built and still under Warranty I suggest you open a Warranty ticket with the manufacturer.

Then try a different RX580 Video port another HDMI or DP port and see if you get video output. Try connecting to another monitor or your Television set and see if you get Video output.

If all of the above fails the best thing to do is install your RX580 into another computer and see if the same thing occurs. Or install another GPU card and see if your get video output.

Or take the GPU card to a computer place and have them check it IF ONLY IT IS NOT UNDER WARRANTY THE PRE_BUILT PC!

Sorry I misread your original post where you do mention that you don't have a APU installed but a regular CPU.

Can you give the Make & Model of your Pre-built PC and which version of Windows does it have installed? Window 10 or 11?

If you know the Windows version installed you can download the Installation file from Microsoft and burn it to a Flash Drive or Duel Layer DVD disc.

If you tell which version of Windows you have installed I will direct you link you the Microsoft Windows Download page for you.

NOTE: Did you restart your PC at least 3 times in a row to see if you get the Windows Menu and video output?

0 Likes

Computer information from best buy: 
Cyberpower PC - Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - 8 GB Memory (I changed this to 16) - AMD Radeon RX 580 Series - 2TB HDD + 240 GB SSD - Black

It has windows 10. Is there a way to restart the pc without seeing the display? If there aren’t other ideas just yet I’ll try taking the gpu to a computer store.

0 Likes

Also do you happen to know a good place to go to check?

0 Likes

Do you still have a Warranty from Best Buy? If no then have the GPU card checked locally.

I would suggest Best Buy but they are very expensive unless Best Buy checks it for free since you purchased the PC from them.

Look in the internet for the closest computer shop near you and ask them how much it would cost just to install your GPU card to see if it has video output.

When I upgraded my computer from a AM3+ to a Ryzen I had no video output to my 4k Monitor. After about 2 days of troubleshooting I decided to take my GPU card to a local computer shop. They installed it in a motherboard and bingo it had video output. Then I knew my GPU card was good. Went home the same issue. No video output. SO I took the computer case to the same computer shop and bingo they had video output.  They were kind enough not to charge me anything but I gave the tech a $30.00 tip.

So now I knew it was either my Monitor cable or monitor at fault. I connected my 2k TV set and bingo I had video output. I then set my BIOS from UEFI Mode to CSM Mode (legacy) and now I had video output to my 4k Monitor.

NOTE: Without video output you can't do anything except CMOS CLEAR or update the BIOS if your PC has the FLASH BIOS feature on it or check your Motherboard's Trouble LEDs or Trouble Digital codes to see if it tells what part of the PC is not working correctly.

By the way, I bought my wife a inexpensive Cyberpower PC. It has been working extremely well. But I did have to replace the weak PSU which went bad after 6 years or so. Plus I replaced Cyberpower's installed FX6350 with the processor I was using in my AM3+ PC which is a FX8350 plus added more RAM. Also from my previous AM3+ PC.  So far so good. It also uses a Gigabyte Motherboard and has a AMD GPU card.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

"So now I knew it was either my Monitor cable or monitor at fault. I connected my 2k TV set and bingo I had video output. I then set my BIOS from UEFI Mode to CSM Mode (legacy) and now I had video output to my 4k Monitor."

@Zman8984  That's totally true, even monitors burn out. If it has a backlight, just using a flashlight on it should show the screen if its only always blank anyway. Otherwise, it might just be trash. Try another cable.

Technically, though you should always have a display from the BIOS at least as long as the cable is hooked into both ends before you turn it on and both ends are working. The BIOS has to be displayed lol.

0 Likes

Today I am taking the GPU to Best Buy to get it checked out because I was still unable to see a display after trying 2 different monitors with two different cables for each.

0 Likes

@Zman8984 

I believe that Best Buy Charges $100.00 to check you GPU. I suggest you look up a local Computer shop that might be cheaper than Best Buy unless you know Best Buy will do it under Warranty.

0 Likes

The Best Buy I went to said they would need the whole computer for about 4 weeks to get it shipped so tomorrow I’m planning on bringing the computer to a local shop.

hello there, if i tell u smt if it can help u. just install the Driver silently. at first u must have to dwnld the driver first. and then perform silent install, from the device manager>display adapter. actually u can browse " How to install driver AMD silent perform" XD

0 Likes

of coruse u cant see anything shyet coz of ur blaCKscreen. try ur motherboard dont use ur GPU !

0 Likes

That is not an APU, does not come with integrated gpu. only has the gpu to connect to try.

0 Likes