Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

husse
Adept I

After Adrenalin 2019 driver update Eyefinity only 60Hz

Hello

Sorry about my english.

I noticed that after the new Adrenalin 18.12.2 drivers installation, my sim rigs 1080p 144 Hz 3-monitor set up can only be used in 60Hz mode. With previous driver everything was working fine. 3 monitors are same brand and model connected with DP (Vega 56).  I can only choose 144Hz if I use very low resolution settings. I can use all 3 monitor separately 144Hz ( other 2 unplugged then)

Second thing: I have  4th monitor (1440p HDMI 2.0) that I have to unplug physically when I am using 3-monitor set up and vice versa (annoying). Is there possibility in Eyefinity settings to choose which monitor is in use or maybe get option for that?

35 Replies

Having the exact same issue, going to try and revert the drivers. Very frustrating.

tingo
Adept II

I have the same issue with 18.12.2, 18.12.3 and 19.1.1

My monitors (TN Panels) are locked at 60Hz when I enable Eyefinity.

All my monitors are the same make and size, 2k, 144Hz, Freesync, I use 4k rated displayport cables and two RX580 cards in crossfire.

I installed 18.12.2 on windows 1803 with the same issue, I now have win 1809, same issue.

I have been running Eyefinity at 7680 x 1440 - 144Hz for the past 2 years.

I'm not sure what's going on with AMD I'll just keep running driver 18.10.1 for now.

~ MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS AM4
~ AMD RYZEN 5 3600XT 6-Core @ 4.6 GHz
~ PowerColor Red Devil RX 6750 XT
~ HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 3200
~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
~ Windows 11 Pro

~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2~ Windows 11 Pro

you realise 2k is 1920x1080 dont you.

https://youtu.be/CXGpu4kAdTc?t=7m30s
https://youtu.be/VxNBiAV4UnM?t=9m15s
https://i.imgur.com/yw77icJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/z2Cy7Mo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EyO6asy.png

0 Likes

Here is the 2k Asus monitors I run, MG278Q | Monitors | ASUS USA 

not sure what this has to do with this tread.

www.asus.com/us/Monitors/MG278Q/

~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
~ Windows 11 Pro

0 Likes

yes see it all the time

they are idiots.

0 Likes

2560×1440 is not a 2K resolution, it is a 2.5K resolution.
All though it's nice to know,
No one cares' that 1440 is 2.5K, businesses are not going to put 2.5k on there products because it will only cause confusion. This thread is for eyefinity users.
~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
~ Windows 11 Pro

0 Likes
arkane_blue
Adept I

Having the same issue.

Using 19.1.1 on Windows 10 Pro 64, build 1803.

GPU is Radeon RX Vega 56, sapphire pulse.

Happens with triple 1080p samsung c24fg70 at 144hz.

Eyefinity is showing as 5760x1080, 60hz.

What's even more outrageous is that the driver is including my VR headset ( lenovo explorer) in the eyefinity when it's plugged in;

creating a whopping 8640x1080, WITH 144HZ ENABLED.

I'm at a loss. I'm not sure why it's being this chaotic.

AMD, please fix this!

0 Likes

Yeah that's not helpful. Definitely some sort of issue as rolling back the drivers works.

Same thing here, old drivers works. I have contacted AMD Support and they replied that it is known issue and they are working on it. I don`t hold my breath for that.

arkane_blue
Adept I

I tried 19.1.2, same issue still exists.

I included screenshots to better illustrate the issue for AMD to fix this weird behavior.

Without VR headset (lenovo explorer) capped at 60hz attached: Without_VR_Headset 60hz.png

With VR headset (lenovo explorer) with variable framerates attached: 

With_VR_Headset_144hz.png

Also requesting option to exclude VR headsets from eyefinity in general. 

0 Likes

I run triple portrait 1440p144Hz displays for my eyefinity arrangement and I have this problem.

If I configure the array with the monitors in 1080p, then 144Hz is an option for the eyefinity array.

It seems like this bug might only apply for the highest resolution available for the monitor(s).

I will try to define a custom resolution for each monitor just below 1440p and see if that lets it allow 144Hz.

This is a nasty bug and it really only affects some of the highest spending customers.

0 Likes

Can you let us know what GPU and driver version number that you're using? 

Thanks

0 Likes

GPU is Vega Frontier Edition (running in gaming mode)

The driver I rolled back to is 18.11.2 .This version does not have the 60Hz

lock issue with Eyefinity.

18.12.2 ( Adrenaline 2019) exhibited the issue. I have not tried any

drivers since then.

I could also test with a Vega 64 liquid, Vega 56 (only two monitors for

1440p144 since it only has 2x DP), RX 480, RX 580

0 Likes
ufoetzzj
Journeyman III

Same here. Ryzen 7 with Vega 64 running on Triple 144HZ monitors, 5760 * 1080 resolution with Eyefinity will only give me up to 60HZ. As you guys mentioned as well, only roll back to 18.10.1 will works fine. Try to contact and give feedback to AMD however never response. Please fix this issue.

0 Likes
bcink
Adept I

Another confirmation here....

Saw this coming when I ordered the Radeon VII.... and... Radeon VII just came in and was required to upgrade drivers to this broken thing. At least you guys can revert your drivers. I can't due to Radeon VII support not existing until 19.2.1.

Submitted a tech report for this problem and referred to this thread as well.

0 Likes
yamamanr1m
Adept I

Another one... same Issue... Can't run my refresh rate higher than 60Hz. Using 3 X HP27Fw screen in 5760X1080 rez. I starting to be very frustrate since Adrenaline 2019 release driver. I also lost " Eyefinity " button to create or manager my triple screen array...

0 Likes

I figured out a workaround!

Go get CRU 1.4.1 from our good friend ToastyX

You have to uncheck all the Established resolutions. Delete all the Standard resolutions. Delete all but the max res/refresh in Detailed resolutions. And edit the extension block to be CEA-861 and leave Detailed and Data panels both empty. Then Copy/Paste that over each of the other displays in CRU. Then select OK to close/save CRU.

Then do a Restart.exe from the CRU location.

Basically, if you use CRU to remove literally everything from each of the monitors except the native resolution at 144Hz, when you go to enable Eyefinity, it will default to 144Hz simply because 60Hz isn't an option. Boom. Done. 

Also, make sure GPU Scaling is off on each of the monitors, I think that can cause issues with CRU.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hi,

I have three ASUS MG278q Freesync TN panels, they run from a rate of, 40Hz to 144Hz.

Q: If I was to use that CRU program and erase all the Factory settings on my monitors how exactly will Freesync work if 40Hz to 143Hz is no longer available?

~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
~ Windows 11 Pro

0 Likes

You can still adjust freesync range for each monitor in CRU. Set the max

range Hz equal to that top refresh rate and that should be enough.

I've never had very good luck with Freesync Eyefinity. 35-90Hz range not as

good as 144Hz fixed, IMO, at least for portrait orientation (vertical

tearing)

0 Likes
tingo
Adept II

Microsoft fixed all the multi-monitor issues my freesync has been working great the past 6 months.

Ok, so I erase every thing, then rewrite it all back in because AMD is having a moment, I'll wait.

~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
~ Windows 11 Pro

0 Likes

Be sure and report it > AMD Issue Reporting Form 

0 Likes

It's really easy to reset the EDID overrides that CRU sets. That is what

the reset-all.exe does.

In my case, I have a Radeon VII now, so I couldn't wait for a fix. I had a

hunch that Eyefinity quick setup was looking at registry EDIDs, and so it

was. Only having a single screen mode at native res and max refresh rate in

the EDID is what forces it to stick to 144hz, in my case.

This information should also help narrow down the behavior for the driver

devs.

0 Likes

You might want to tell them > Online Service Request | AMD 

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

0 Likes

They should be aware at this point.

From AMD tech support:

Response and Service Request History:

The reported issue is the known issue and our team is currently investigating it. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this. 

Thank you for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Ali

AMD Global Customer Care

0 Likes
tingo
Adept II

I decided to try driver 19.2.3, sorry to report my monitors are locked at 60Hz.

I filed my first ticket with AMD on this matter January 15.

I was told by AMD tech support,
I suggest you to please stick with the older driver as of now and wait for the future driver release.
I appreciate your support and understanding regarding this.

I have been with AMD for 9 years and I have been running eyefinity for 8 years.

I am thinking at this point maybe it's time to move on, I can't even begin to explain the hassle I have endured with AMD for the last 9 years, I don't give up easily but now I'm just plan wore out.

endure
transitive verb
-·dured', -·dur'ing
1. to hold up under (pain, fatigue, etc.); stand; bear; undergo
2. to put up with; tolerate

If anyone has had good luck getting this new driver to run 2K monitors at 7680 x 1440 - 144Hz, please let us know, Thanks,

~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
~ Windows 11 Pro

I'm so with you Tingo about your idea. I have the same problem since the first release of Adrenaline 2019 version. I have to stay with an old release, 18.10.2 I'm thinking, this one who was released on 2018 December 5th, to be able to activate my Eyefinity setup AND also, run my triple screen higher than 60Hz. 

I'm very frustrating about that and about AMD support! I'm seriously thinking to switch on Nvidia soon, and my next PC buid will not be with AMD Ryzen, but Intel with Nvidia....

Enough is Enough !!! 

0 Likes

I discovered the fix two weeks ago and posted it in this thread. Like, I am literally using my triple 2k eyefinity setup at 144hz right now.

You just have to remove the 60Hz refresh rate from the registry for the displays before running quick setup for eyefinity.

You can do this easily with Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) in about 90 seconds. I can give more detailed instructions here if needed. 

I wish the driver "just worked", but I'm not tripping about it now that I fixed it. 

0 Likes

But that doesn't solve my first problem. I'm not able to make my Eyefinity setup, first !!!! The tab are not showed since the Adrenaline 2019 version. No button at all ! 

0 Likes

Seems like an entirely different circumstance if Eyefinity is simply

missing from your Radeon Settings UI.

That is a unique problem even amongst those in this thread.

What video outputs are you using and what GPU? I'm using triple displayport

on reference Vega (and now RVII). Also, have you tried DDU in safe mode

before installing the new driver?

0 Likes

I'm using a Gigabyte AORUS RX580 8Gb with 3 x Displayport to 3 x HP 27Fw screen. If  I use an older driver, I'm able to create my Eyefinity setup easily! As soon as I try to use 19.x.x. driver release, the tab are not showed in the UI of AMD. I'm not familiar with DDU soft or tool. I Have reported that problem many time to AMD, no answer! I'm using Eyefinity since very long time, started with an HD 6870 1Gb in the past. But that is the first time I see that kind of problem since more than 10 years of using Eyefinity technology. I have formatted all my pc and restarted like a brand new, fresh install, and have the same issue. 

0 Likes

The current drivers are literal trash garbage and borderline useless if they didn't have Radeon VII compatibility.

It sounds like your biggest issue is needing to use older drivers, which shouldn't really be a problem. 

Keep on AMD about the problem because they are apparently terrible.

tingo
Adept II

Adrenalin 19.3.3 works, my triples are running EyeFinity at 144Hz again.
Freesync works good.
I run my desktop, and game at 120Hz, gives the DP cables some breathing room.
Powercolor RED DEVIL RX580 x2 Crossfire, 3 Asus MG278q Tn panels @ 7680x1440, DP 1.2

~ SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2
~ Windows 11 Pro

Yes me too! With à good uninstall of my last driver and install the new 19.3.3, all is working fine now. Eyefinity also resolved. 

The only thing I'm still having an issue is when I want to go on advanced setting in Eyefinity Tab. I click on the button but nothing open... But for now, that is far my less priority point...  

yamamanr1m
Adept I

Guys, I found for me what is causing that problem. I had a bad uninstalled driver on my computer since a while and I didn't know. I downloaded the AMD tool, named "cleanuninstall utility" and since I past it on my computer, no one more issue! All work really fine! Now I can setup my refresh rate like I want and I'm able also to access to Advance Setting for Eyefinity again... That was not possible for me before I ran cleanunistall on my compluter.

What you have to do:

- first, make à clean uninstall of your current driver by Windows control panel.

- Restart your computer.

- Download and run " CleanUninstall ". It will ask you to run that software in fail safe mode of Windows. That is normal. Follow each step carefully.

- After that, restart your computer in normal mode, and reinstall the driver with the release you want.

- And voila! You will be able to set all you kind of stuff you want. 

This process are tested and working. No issue after that. Here is the link to find " CleanUninstall " tool and the process to run it,  from AMD : 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

Enjoy!