Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

husse
Adept I

After Adrenalin 2019 driver update Eyefinity only 60Hz

Hello

Sorry about my english.

I noticed that after the new Adrenalin 18.12.2 drivers installation, my sim rigs 1080p 144 Hz 3-monitor set up can only be used in 60Hz mode. With previous driver everything was working fine. 3 monitors are same brand and model connected with DP (Vega 56).  I can only choose 144Hz if I use very low resolution settings. I can use all 3 monitor separately 144Hz ( other 2 unplugged then)

Second thing: I have  4th monitor (1440p HDMI 2.0) that I have to unplug physically when I am using 3-monitor set up and vice versa (annoying). Is there possibility in Eyefinity settings to choose which monitor is in use or maybe get option for that?

35 Replies
howlinfantods
Adept I

Re: After Adrenalin 2019 driver update Eyefinity only 60Hz

Having the exact same issue, going to try and revert the drivers. Very frustrating.

tingo
Adept II

I have the same issue with 18.12.2, 18.12.3 and 19.1.1

My monitors (TN Panels) are locked at 60Hz when I enable Eyefinity.

All my monitors are the same make and size, 2k, 144Hz, Freesync, I use 4k rated displayport cables and two RX580 cards in crossfire.

I installed 18.12.2 on windows 1803 with the same issue, I now have win 1809, same issue.

I have been running Eyefinity at 7680 x 1440 - 144Hz for the past 2 years.

I'm not sure what's going on with AMD I'll just keep running driver 18.10.1 for now.

arkane_blue
Adept I

Having the same issue.

Using 19.1.1 on Windows 10 Pro 64, build 1803.

GPU is Radeon RX Vega 56, sapphire pulse.

Happens with triple 1080p samsung c24fg70 at 144hz.

Eyefinity is showing as 5760x1080, 60hz.

What's even more outrageous is that the driver is including my VR headset ( lenovo explorer) in the eyefinity when it's plugged in;

creating a whopping 8640x1080, WITH 144HZ ENABLED.

I'm at a loss. I'm not sure why it's being this chaotic.

AMD, please fix this!

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

0 Likes
howlinfantods
Adept I

Yeah that's not helpful. Definitely some sort of issue as rolling back the drivers works.

husse
Adept I

Same thing here, old drivers works. I have contacted AMD Support and they replied that it is known issue and they are working on it. I don`t hold my breath for that.

arkane_blue
Adept I

I tried 19.1.2, same issue still exists.

I included screenshots to better illustrate the issue for AMD to fix this weird behavior.

Without VR headset (lenovo explorer) capped at 60hz attached: Without_VR_Headset 60hz.png

With VR headset (lenovo explorer) with variable framerates attached: 

With_VR_Headset_144hz.png

Also requesting option to exclude VR headsets from eyefinity in general. 

0 Likes
chapstickbomber
Adept I

I run triple portrait 1440p144Hz displays for my eyefinity arrangement and I have this problem.

If I configure the array with the monitors in 1080p, then 144Hz is an option for the eyefinity array.

It seems like this bug might only apply for the highest resolution available for the monitor(s).

I will try to define a custom resolution for each monitor just below 1440p and see if that lets it allow 144Hz.

This is a nasty bug and it really only affects some of the highest spending customers.

0 Likes
arkane_blue
Adept I

Can you let us know what GPU and driver version number that you're using? 

Thanks

0 Likes