cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

After 15.11 Crimson, every game is stuttering

After upgrading to the latest available AMD driver, every game started stuttering - freezing for small moments every few seconds.

This occurs most often after opening a game, and becomes less common the more I play, but doesn't fully go away and still does quick freezes every 10 seconds or so.

And for example Hearthstone does not get more stable at all and is passively freezing, despite the fact how low its requirements are. (I am using my power saving GPU instead right now as it gives by far better performance)

I really like the new Crimson UI and I understand it gives better performance, so I'd very much like to keep it and not roll back to an older version if a fix is coming soon.

But is AMD aware of an issue like this and if, then when will a fix be released?

Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks in advance all!

------

Radeon Software Version - 15.11

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson

Windows Version - Windows 10

System Memory - 8 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz

------

Radeon Settings Version - 2015.1118.123.2413

Driver Packaging Version - 15.30.1025-151117a-296567C

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1533

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.1162

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13416

OpenCL™ Version - 2.0.4.0

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.99

AMD Mantle API Version - 98309

AMD Audio Driver Version - Not Available

------

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R7 M260

Device ID - 6900

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 0640

SubSystem Vendor ID - 1028

Revision ID - 00

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x4

BIOS Version - 015.043.000.006

BIOS Part Number - BR45293.001

BIOS Date - 2014/01/22 02:52

Memory Size - 2048 MB

Memory Type - DDR3

Memory Clock - 900 MHz

Core Clock - 980 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 14 GByte/s

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: After 15.11 Crimson, every game is stuttering

Please report this to AMD > AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Kudos

Check your gpu temperature asap! There is a (maybe rare) bug in the crimson drivers the locks the fan speed at a low percentage causing cards to overheat.

Could be that the stuttering is because of your card overheating.

I'm pretty sure my card died because of this and I know of one other guy this happend to.  People are reporting that their cards go above 90° because of this, make sure it doesn't damage your card.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

I have also been experiencing problems with the new drivers on a brand new XFX R9-380. I don't think it is a heat issue. I have been able to cure some of the problems by creating custom profiles for each game in the crimson software settings under the gaming tab. Its very annoying but it took me almost 6 hours of tinkering to get BF4 to run without high latency in multiplayer do to high GPU/CPU usage. I was able to fix that particular game by switching the "wait for vertical refresh" option to "always on". then had to make a user.cfg file to limit the max FPS to 61 in game. now bf4 runs like a dream on ultra. But the fact remains that the driver set for the new 300 series cards are suffering and are poorly optimized. I'm thinking about plugging my trusty old GTX-760 back in cause I just want to play my games. Tired of spending all my time tinkering with settings when I should be playing.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Hi all, I have been experiencing nasty stutters with the crimson drivers on my AMD R7 M265 (R7 M260 with crimson installed).

I hope AMD will fix it maybe in 15.11.2  , but I don't think they will solve it soon.

Still there is no fix to this issue so far. sorry mate!

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

having the exact same problem here, hoping for a fix soon. For now i just changed back to old drivers, and all games working fine.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yeah... i've got the exact same configs and the exact same problem.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Rollback to driver version 15.7.1 and it will fix the problem until they can come up with a stable Crimson driver.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I am having the same problem, but for me the rollback solution didn't work, I am waiting for help.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I have same problem and i solved.I uninstalled my crimson driver with ddu in safe mode.And installed catalyst 15.7.1.